Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have a 1500I and want to get a repair manuel for it.

which one do ya'll think is better, Chilton or Haynes?

Thanks in advance

TOMMY

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

:waving:At times the Honda Service Manuals can be found on eBay.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
imported post

Get two or three, Climer screwed me up for 2-3 full days of work

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

newbiker wrote:
Get two or three, Climer screwed me up for 2-3 full days of work
Why 2 or 3 ?? Honda is all you need (particularly if you value your time and don't want errors).. authorized hard copy directly from http://www.Helminc.com...

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

83GoldWinger wrote:
:waving:At times the Honda Service Manuals can be found on eBay.
Or buy from Helm Inc, the same guys that the ebay sellers buy from. Save a few bucks if you want to.....

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
imported post

Sometimes the Honda pictures aren't real clear - the Clymer or Haynes will have a better image. Always good to cross check as well, every once in a great while an "oops" can slip in - but in general, mother Honda is the way to go, with the others as reserve sources of information - they are are generally available for free...

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
imported post

del

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

newbiker wrote:
...I couldn't find Kawasaki online...:(
He's not asking for Kawasaki.. just GL1500I

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
imported post

I have no computer access in the garage, and there is something I like about having a hard paper copy of the factory manual, so I have a copy. It is a Big Book. Having the other manuals for a backup reference is handy, but the OEM manual is best.

Another resource I have found invaluable is the drawings on Bikebandit. They are exploded drawings of all the parts on the 'Wing divided up into sections according to the function, showing how all the parts go togather. Here is the link, if the Interstate isn't on the list, click what 1500 they have, most of the time the drawings have the I and A/SE together.

http://www.bikebandit.com/honda-motorcycle-parts/oem-parts

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

To me a parts manual is invaluble. The exploded views are absolutely necesssary for assembly. The shop manual doesn't always give orientation and assembly order.

The exploded views in Haynes and Clymer lack in official description and sizes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

Thanks GS Its nice to have someone help when a person just isnt sure. THANKS TO ALL THAT RESPONDED.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Although I have the free downloadable version copied to my PC and my Notebook, there's nothing like a hard copy that's close to the bike when working on it.

I prefer the original Honda Service Manual. They are a few out there for sale

I picked one up locally recently, for $45CDN.

Dusty

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I printed the whole thing out. I put it into a notebook binder and that way I can add pages wherever needed, with my own notes. It works great. I get a dirty page I just replace it again. :clapper:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.