Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So I bought an 82 Aspencade in good shape and of course the first priority was the radio...makes sence.

After some www investigation I found that the eight pushbuttons on the AM/FM radio fail. I won't get into why and the concequences other than to say it causes the buttons to be closed not allowing any other actions so no tuning, no presets.... the radio is useless. I'm sure there are many symptoms that could occur.

So the concenses was send it to Serria...

Come to find out the part that needs replaced is very inexpensive ($0.22 each). With some minor solding skills, you cando this yourself.

So for my first attempt I purcased a parts controller from ebay for $10 and practiced on this one. Success! It works as it should and for even longer now since the switches I installed are waterproof.
Did my original controller and again success again!

So now I have aAM/FM Clarion Type II controller (just the inner components) that has new switches installed, tested and functioning.

If you need a working AM/FM controller, just PM me. I need parts for Aspencade so trade is certainly an option. If you want to fix your own, check out this link!

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/BI-Technologies/SWT6-V5MAP/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtQ1ytNl72Bk4V224SVXHpa

Thanks
William

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.