Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My father-in-law and Iare in the process of cutting out the crossmember that the center stand attaches toand welding an new one back in. (cross member was rusted). We are ready to weld it back, but not sure about the angle of the center stand.We put it in place so that it looks like it will stand up the bike, but then when the stand is retracted it barely hits the pad that is attached to the exhaust and it doesn't line up with the indentions on the exhaust pipe( see pics below).

1. Can someone go look at their 1100 to see it the centerstand lines up in the center of the indentions on the exhaust?

2. Does anyone have any suggestions for lining it up correctly before we weld it back?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

another pic

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

im not going to say dead nuts center of the indendation but in the indendation a little towards the front about halfway between the middle and front. jb

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
imported post

humm not sure i have 1100, but you can unscrew it and remoe the center stand, i just put aftermarket pipes on mine,
tell me excatly what you need i can get pictures for you. in other word's if the bolt's line up correctly, and the spring hook's on o.k. you should not have worries.....

DK

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for your help. It turns out that the 2 legs to the center stand didn't line up correctly. When the crossmember rusted out and failed it caused the bike to pitch forward and to the right and I think it bent the center stand slightly in the process.

I think we have it fixed now.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.