Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
24,817 Posts
I have seen that. Not many people are going to be looking that close at their tires though.

·
Trike Master
1,227 Posts
Maybe someone can explain how that could be molded into the tire and covered with rubber until the tire wears to a certain point?????????????????????????????

·
Administrator
24,817 Posts
Maybe someone can explain how that could be molded into the tire and covered with rubber until the tire wears to a certain point?????????????????????????????
Good question. Lots of manufacturing processes I can't get my head around.

·
Administrator
24,817 Posts
To me it looks like a computer generated image. A good one, mind you, but still a phony. The sharpness of the lines and the spacing of the letters in T IR E, plus the odd space between the words and the odd swirls there.
But I have seen it in real life. Don't remember the brand of the tire.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The layers of rubber are wrapped around the tire casing and then it is put into a mold and heated. This is were the tread is produced. The Replace tire is on the inside of the rubber wrap before the molding/heating step. I think the distortion is caused during the wrapping.

·
1,630 Posts
To me it looks like a computer generated image. A good one, mind you, but still a phony. The sharpness of the lines and the spacing of the letters in T IR E, plus the odd space between the words and the odd swirls there.
As Dave has mentioned, that's true enough, I've seen it too (for the past year)

·
Trike Master
1,227 Posts
The layers of rubber are wrapped around the tire casing and then it is put into a mold and heated. This is were the tread is produced. The Replace tire is on the inside of the rubber wrap before the molding/heating step. I think the distortion is caused during the wrapping.
So, the melting of the wraps would not fill in the lettering? Reaiiy!!!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Seems to me,when that is gone it’s time to replace,that’s why it still has wear bars.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
to me the wear bars were bridges between different treads. When the bridge gets at same level with the rest of the tire its time for replacement. But the Triumph did not have those bridges in its tire. Is there a different form of wear bars?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts