Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

If I just loosen/remove the adjusters can I replace the valve stem seals, or do I have to take the rocker assy off? I'd like to not have to take the radiator, timing belts, and stuff off if I can get away without. I never replaced them before, I was just thinking of any shortcuts. I believe there is a bolt in the rocker assy that comes from under the cam gear? which would require a lot more removal.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

can't tell you for certain on mc, but auto and aircraft eng. you must disassemble valve assembly [ retainers, springs ] before you can take off seals. this process involves turning engine by hand toward tdc compression, inserting nylon rope through spark plug hole [leaving end sticking out] then continue toward tdc till stop, don't force. compress springs remove retainers and seals, installation in reverse, then repeat. don't think it should be any different on mc. but please make sure before attempting because as i said I HAVEN'T DONE IT ON A MC. check mm or someone will be a long to call BS on me shortly. hope this helps:action::waving:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

I know there was am extensive "how to" over on the nakedgoldwings site about this, but I persoanlly do not have experience with this

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Thanks, it looks like I have to take the rocker assy off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.