Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey gang,

When replacing the original brake lines with Venco Wings lines, icut the oldones to get the rubber grommets off and believe they were in fact re-enforced with steel braiding. They were definitely not just rubber hoses as I expected to find. Am I missing something?

Ialso rebuilt all calipers and the front brake MC, based on the work and cost associated and the minimal improvement that I received,I definitely wouldn't recommend this work unless thereis an actual problem. If the benefits were greater, it might have been worth it, but not in my case.

Toy4Rick

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

I just replaced the front line on my 1100 this weekend and it made a big difference. Mine were the original lines which were stamped 6/82. When I cut the old line open there were several layers inside but none of them were steel.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

He has a 1500. Big difference.

I need to get my front brake line replaced though, it actually expands when I pull the lever.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

Hey Toy4Rick.

You may have a slight leak still at the master cylinder(s) as well or an air bubble trapped since you rebuilt the MC..

This will give you the same soft/spongy feeling that you may be experiencing...

Also, if you used older brake pads, they may be starting to separate from the backing plate. This too will cause the same feeling..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.