Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just finished replacing the fork springs, seals and bushings on my 91 Interstate....a quick road test and it really made a difference....no diving on braking, no rising on acceleration, firm and solid....pretty easy job...using ATF for fork oil...seems solid with no rattle over bumps...(bushings)...if you were wondering whether progressive springs were worth the $$..they are in my book....Mick :clapper:

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

I agree, nothing like 'em !! :)

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,722 Posts
imported post

Maybe, but not very much.

I weigh 265# and on both my gl1200 and gl1500, I installed Progressive springs, seals, and bushings, and the fork protectors.

I settled on 2 psi after a lot trial and error. Both at zero psi and more. More pressure, and the ride is too harsh for me.

At 0 psi, it is just a tad bit too loose for me, with more up/dn action than I like.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

The info in the packaging says no air needed...you will like how your bike handles and feels......

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
imported post

I just installed these on mine 1100 last weekend, and I LOVE THEM! I had no idea how bad the old springs were, but the bike sits a full 2 inches higher on the front end now. With the weight from the stereo gone, it is perfect. I love the ride. Now I just need a set for the rear, and a couple other small items, and my wing will actually be done!

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
imported post

Thanks. I'll add that to my winter project list. Who has a good price on them?

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

The local dealer got me a set for $112....then with 10% off and free shipping...$100...pretty good deal...try cyclemax...in Ohio

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Calflash wrote:
Thanks. I'll add that to my winter project list. Who has a good price on them?
I just saw where www.denniskirk.com has them for just under 80 bucks. plus they price match anyone. that was for my 1200 but surely yours can't be much more or less:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.