Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Well I had been looking trying to find a replacement highway board rubber piece and couldn't find what I wanted. I stopped by a place that sells rubber and belts. I ended up with a piece of "roughtop" and it ended up being pretty nice.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

I then sanded off the boards and degreased them and then applied a coating of the cement to allow it to dry on them before I clamped the pads in place.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

The finished product!! I have to allow them to cure for 48hrs but that won't be too hard since I don't have anywhere to be until Monday... I think they turned out pretty well and believe me, they grab very well and will do a nice job of holding my boot in place.

If anyone ever needs to replace their boards, I have enough to take care of a few extra.

What do you think??
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,801 Posts
imported post

Nice job, I dig DIY projects. Gives me ideas that rattle around in my head until I need to mimic it in some fashion.
 

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
Joined
·
61,640 Posts
imported post


...Outstanding and better than original surface. Non-slip too.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Thanks guys! I have about $4 tied up in this since the material was considered scrap and was free. Took about an hour of cutting out the pattern and letting the glue dry in between coats. After it had dried it took about 15 minutes with the clamps in place.

The glue I used was very good. It guarantees its product for it to not get brittle and fail. It is also gas and solvent resistant as well so I hope this is going to be a lasting replacement.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,801 Posts
imported post

cntryboy1289 wrote:
Thanks guys! I have about $4 tied up in this since the material was considered scrap and was free. Took about an hour of cutting out the pattern and letting the glue dry in between coats. After it had dried it took about 15 minutes with the clamps in place.

The glue I used was very good. It guarantees its product for it to not get brittle and fail. It is also gas and solvent resistant as well so I hope this is going to be a lasting replacement.
Even if it only lasts a couple seasons, it looks as if you have enough to last you for about 50 years :D

Blessings...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,857 Posts
imported post

I say AWESOME JOB. (but the Russian judge gives you a "4").
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

Thank you guys, I always like to do things on my own when I can, this was a very easy fix. I think all in all I have about an hour in it and am very pleased with them.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top