Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Well I had been looking trying to find a replacement highway board rubber piece and couldn't find what I wanted. I stopped by a place that sells rubber and belts. I ended up with a piece of "roughtop" and it ended up being pretty nice.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

The finished product!! I have to allow them to cure for 48hrs but that won't be too hard since I don't have anywhere to be until Monday... I think they turned out pretty well and believe me, they grab very well and will do a nice job of holding my boot in place.

If anyone ever needs to replace their boards, I have enough to take care of a few extra.

What do you think??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Nice job, I dig DIY projects. Gives me ideas that rattle around in my head until I need to mimic it in some fashion.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Thanks guys! I have about $4 tied up in this since the material was considered scrap and was free. Took about an hour of cutting out the pattern and letting the glue dry in between coats. After it had dried it took about 15 minutes with the clamps in place.

The glue I used was very good. It guarantees its product for it to not get brittle and fail. It is also gas and solvent resistant as well so I hope this is going to be a lasting replacement.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

cntryboy1289 wrote:
Thanks guys! I have about $4 tied up in this since the material was considered scrap and was free. Took about an hour of cutting out the pattern and letting the glue dry in between coats. After it had dried it took about 15 minutes with the clamps in place.

The glue I used was very good. It guarantees its product for it to not get brittle and fail. It is also gas and solvent resistant as well so I hope this is going to be a lasting replacement.
Even if it only lasts a couple seasons, it looks as if you have enough to last you for about 50 years :D

Blessings...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.