Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I purchased a service manual and i read how to replace a bad bulb but it said to go Thur the storage pocket

but theirs not very muchroom with all the wires. Does anyone know a better way to replace a low beam bulb?

I would sure appreciate you help if you have every replaced a bulb to shear some info with me. THANKS

I took your e-mail adress out...This keeps bots & spammers from getting it..

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

Nope no other way You have to remove the pockets Tight fit find some-one with small hands... The Hi beams are even worse!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

There are some of us who would rather remove the top shelter than struggle to try and replace hi beam thru' the pockets.

Sounds daunting, but it actually doesn't take so long after the first time.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

The manual is full of it. :) For the low beams you can access them much better simply be reaching down the fork tunnels. Just turn the handlebars away from you on the side you are working on, sit a light on the floor under you so you can see and access the rubber covers and bulbs in that manner. Low beams are quite simple that way.

High beams. .............................take the shelter off. You may possibly get the right one done, with a little skin off the back of your hands, come the left one, .........take the shelter off.

Good rule of thumb is replace the high beam bulbs when you replace the air filter. That way it would be rare for a bulb to burn out between service intervals. Unless you use the very bright bulbs, they do put out more light, but also they burn out quickly too.
Kit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.