Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My left lower fresh air vent grill needs replaced. Wondering if there is major disassembly needed or can it be just poped out and replaced easyly?

Tim

The part number I'm mentioning is

64455-MCA-000

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

Just pop out and replace, but be careful not to damage the adjacent paintwork. :)

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
imported post

Can"t speak for the 1800 but on the 1500 if you can get behind it by removing some plastic it makes it easier.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I had tried to pull it in hopes that it would pop out but didn't want to break anything by pulling too hard. There are no clips holding this in??? I'll give it another try

Tim

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

The vents have little molded clips that are a part of the trim section. The trim part of the vent is about one inch deep into the duct and through the side panel. What works for me is to take a piece of scrap leather, like off the bottom of an old pair of chaps or something, tuck that under the outside edge and use a somewhat thin and wide tool to gently wiggle and pry them out, something like a putty knife. You have to bend the side of the OEM vent in a bit to push the plastic in enough to let the molded nubs clear the side panel. The nubs are on the long side of the vent. Sometimes they are stubborn and you have to take the side panel off, or risk marring the side panel.

Kit

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks Kit I'll give that a try. I'll have a new one from a dealer in a week...or so they tell me :)

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.