Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 2006 1800 with the original battery and am looking to replace it. I'm wondering what people are buying and what kind of luck you've had.

Thanks

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

AGM type battery is best.

As a side note, go to your acct under the main page menu on the right and at least put the model of your bike in your profile. Mileage helps too to get question answered.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Often I buy the battery that WalMart has - $60.

Have been kicking this one around - maybe for the Speed Triple - haven't looked to see if they have the size for the Wing or not:

http://www.ballisticparts.com/

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Lotta money too!

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

I didn't think so either bro

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

griz440 wrote:
I have a 2006 1800 with the original battery and am looking to replace it. I'm wondering what people are buying and what kind of luck you've had.

Thanks
I ride a 1500... and I have one of these: http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/4102/20387

This has been, without question, the best battery I have ever run... two years now and still chuggin' along. They sent it to me in a box. There were no other concerns... no polyethylene bag... no haz-mat alert sticker. It was loose... in a box with Styrofoam peanuts. Completely sealed...

This AGM (Absorbant Glass Mat) battery is completely sealed and entirely trouble free... while it did cost 10 or 20 dollars more than a Walmart battery. IMHO it is far, far (I mean FAR...) superior.

Buy an AGM battery... you can't go wrong...

I am sure someone will wander along and tell you how to order a 1800 compatible model...

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

I too have AGM's in both my 1100 and my 1500 and they seem work out very well- the one on the 1500 has been on for at least 4 or5 years. They both actually use the same exact battery!

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

My AGM is still going strong after 3 1/2 years :thumbsup:

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

The Walmart AGM battery is a direct replacement for the original in you 1800 and is fairly cheap. I bought one 2 years ago for my 2004 and have had no issues with it.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
imported post

A couple years ago, this place had batteries that the Goldwings for about $14 each. They were flooded batteries that were shipped without acid, so that had to be purchased locally. I bought 6 of them and put one in the 1100 and one in the 1500. They are both going strong. Yes, I'm cheap, but not easy. Check out this site if you love junk and an occasional good deal.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/home.asp

Tim

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
imported post

WestCo gel batteries have been in my bike for years. My Dad bought the bike new in 82' and when the OEM crapped out at about 4 years he put in a WestCo. Been in there ever since averaging about 11 years per battery while on a WestCo tender.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

I use interstate. have one in my gl1100,my kawasaki voyager xii. dont need one in my1500 yet. The shop where i work at sells them. also have them in all my vechiles.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.