Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacement bulbs

1K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Wingboomer 
#1 ·
imported post

Is there a less expensive alternative for the bulb in the cornering light on my 98 SE? Honda is way too proud of their replacement part. $22 bucks seems a little high huh!! That's what I paid for the first one, try not to do that again. My money tree is not producing like it used to. Thanks.. Ride On

#3 ·
imported post

Thanks for the response, cycle max replacement says that it is up to 97 se . I wonder if that bulb will fit a 98 as well. I guess I can call them.

#7 ·
imported post

Wingboomer wrote:
Is there a less expensive alternative for the bulb in the cornering light on my 98 SE? Honda is way too proud of their replacement part. $22 bucks seems a little high huh!! That's what I paid for the first one, try not to do that again. My money tree is not producing like it used to. Thanks.. Ride On
That's a double filament bulb. You can use both sides as only one is lit in normal operation.

The contact points that the bulb gets it's power from is spring loaded and slides up an down in two slots.**** the contact element sideways enough to get it out of these slots and turn it halfway around until it fits the opposite slot from the one it came out of and put it in those slots and you have activated the other side of the bulb.I hope this helps. I know it will if the other side of the bulb has never been used.

#8 ·
imported post

Luv2wing, I turned that contact over and once aagin i have a left driving light. Thanks again... Ride On

#11 ·
imported post

GWCRUISER wrote:
THANKS FOR INFO ON BULBS FOR DRIVING LIGHTS,I CUT THE TAB OFF THE BULB AND TURNED IT HALFWAY AROUND SO IT USES THE OTHER SIDE OF BULB AS YOU SAID.
GWCRUISER, please reread the post. I didn't say to cut the tab off the bulb and turn it half way around. That will work but the bulb can still turn on its own will.

What I said was, the element that has the contacts that the bulb fits against. Take that and turn it around so the opposite contact fits the bulb. It is spring loaded so it will allow you to turn it sideways enough to get it out of the slots and turn it around and put it in the opposite slots.

#12 ·
imported post

I dont think that cutting the tab would be a very good idea, take all that stuff apart and have the bulb spin a little and now you have no light again. better to take out the insert and spin it. never have to worry about the bulb moving or messin' with removal again Right!!. Ride On

#14 ·
imported post

GWCRUISER wrote:
ITS WORKING FINE FOR NOW, I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF I HAVE A PROBLEM,IT WAS GOOD TO KNOW THAT THE BULB HAD DOUBLE FILAMENT.
THANKS
To learn that it is a dual filament bulb and can be turned around was the main objective anyway. Those bulbs are rediciculosly expensive and I'm glad you are getting the good out of the other side.:clapper::action:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.