Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My '76 Wing has a Calafia Industries fairing. A PO has cut a hole in the fairing just rear of the windshield. The hole is rectangular, 3 11/16" (W) by 1 7/16 (H). This hole held a non-op Chrono-Quartz III clock. I am sure that it worked at sometime in the past, but not now.

My question is this: does anyone know of a clock thatI could replacethisnon working clock with? I had thought about replacing it with a radiobut I am concerned with the increased electrical demands.

I had thought about replacing it with a clock powered by a hearing aid battery. If I did that, Idon't how I could conceal the hole and the clock would not be lit at night. If anyone has thoughts or suggestions please respond. Thanks

Terry

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
imported post

Have you tried a local parts house to see if they have anything in clocks? That's a odd size for a clock but they may have something.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

A picture would be helpful.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,753 Posts
imported post

Hey there Terry,
Go with the radio. It won't draw that much more power than a clock... And most radios have a clock funtion built in.
If depth is a problem, some of the guys in this forum have found a really shallow Pyle model. If not, I'm relly happy with the Blaupunkt Brisbane I put in my '87.
Good Luck,
Dennis

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I'll have a picture later today, probably after 4. That will be when I can get some help to get the picture. I'm technology illiterate and will get my daughter to shoot and load them for me. I'll try to get them myself and post them. If I have no success then it will be after 4 PM.

I keep forgetting pictures are invaluable when seeking advice.

Thanks. Terry

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

terry_208 wrote:
I'll have a picture later today, probably after 4. That will be when I can get some help to get the picture. I'm technology illiterate and will get my daughter to shoot and load them for me. I'll try to get them myself and post them. If I have no success then it will be after 4 PM.

I keep forgetting pictures are invaluable when seeking advice.

Thanks. Terry
.... and daughters are invaluable when trying to load them!!!!:D:D

I look forward to seeing the pics and a solution.

There are quite a few VDO clocks that are wind up or 12 volt that are available that may do the trick if you don't fancy a radio still. Alternatively if you really wanted to keep it simple for covering the hole maybesome sort of Goldwingemblem would fit the bill. :)

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I have tried several ways to load picture but keep getting refused. The problem is that my picture is 1.78 MB. Does anyone know how I can reduce the file size? Terry

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
imported post

I had the same problem and had to email it to one of the mods and they cropped it for me. If you have a photo program you should be able to do it through it.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,753 Posts
imported post

What kinds of software do you have?
Usually, when you buy a computer, some kind of cheap photo manipulation software is included.
Most of them will let you re-size an image and then you save it under a new name.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Mod is going to help me with it. I'm leaning towards a radio. I'll need to increase the size of hole in the fairing and put speakers into my helmet. I do like the idea of simplicity with only a clock.

I have tried to get the picture loaded so I can crop it. I haven't been able to get to where I can crop it. I am going to try again later.

Terry

EDIT: Here you go Terry; 600x480
by AZgl1500

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

if i remember the ford granadas and the lincoln continentals when they first went to the smaller body syle had a quartz clock about that size. JB

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,175 Posts
imported post

Terry, that pix in on post #11. I am emailing the file back to you.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

John, Thanks for your help. I'll keep working trying to learn how to reduce the size of my pictures. That IS something I need to know. Thanks Terry

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

terry_208 wrote:
John, Thanks for your help. I'll keep working trying to learn how to reduce the size of my pictures. That IS something I need to know. Thanks Terry
Terry:

What I do is e-mail the pictures to myself, and when I do, the computer asks me if I want to reduce the size to e-mail. I say yes, and lo and behold, the come back in smaller. Give it a try.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,175 Posts
imported post

Neat trick... my email program doesn't offer that feature. but I use IrFanView and it works so easy, I never looked for anything else to use.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.