Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Where can I get some obsolete orings for my 85 Aspencade?[align=left][/align]I need the one on the bottom of the carb where the big block of vaccum lines attaches to the carb block.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
imported post

Is the old one still there? even if it is in poor condition you should be able to match it up at the hardware. Most of them keep boxes of O rings for odd job needs.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,258 Posts
imported post

Or if you can find the micrfisch online and get the factory dimensions (diameter and thickness) take that info to the hardware store. You may have to go for the closest standard fit if they do not have metric.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

...are you talking about this piece?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

The oring I am referring to is the one where that whole assembly goes onto the carb manifold. I didn't know if there were orings made of different rubber for different applications.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

RookieWinger wrote:
I didn't know if there were orings made of different rubber for different applications.
Some will say "yes". I wouldn't, but some will.

Finding the right size at either ACE Hardware or a "jobber" auto parts store might be difficult, though not impossible.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

there are rubber, nitrile and vitron..Vitron being the best..less effected by gas and solvents and higher temp rating..several sites on line talk about types of o rings materials.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

I get my o-rings from McMaster-Karr at Mcmaster.com. They carry metric sizes in many kinds of materials. My shop manual lists o-ring sizes, so its pretty easy to match-up.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

RookieWinger wrote:
Where can I get some obsolete orings for my 85 Aspencade?
I need the one on the bottom of the carb where the big block of vaccum lines attaches to the carb block.
As far as I can see from my parts lists the o-ring in question never had a part number, it came as part of that thing you American's have under your air box.:shock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.