Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacement Screens

4K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  BRowan 
#1 ·
imported post

Anyone who is considering a genuine Honda brand new replacement GL1800 screen 2 inches taller than standard, would be interested to know that Dave Silver spares have some in for sale at £60 all in. I checked with HGB and they are normally around £200 retail for the same item. Cheap or what. It is worth the money just to keep it as a spare until your own needs replaced due to scratches etc.

#4 ·
imported post

I am expecting delivery of mine on Monday but have seen a picture. They are exactly the same as stock screen with no vent and not tinted. They are exactly 2 ins taller than stock screen, are a genuine Honda partand come at the right money. Handy to have in the garage until your present screen becomes too badly scratched for use. I intend to install a vent in mine when I get it. You can buy a vent and cut the screen using a provided template if you want. Tel No for Dave Silvers Spares is :- 01728 833020. He hadsome left on Thursday but no idea exactly how many.

Seen same product advertised on various Goldwing Accessories Websites at $199 in the states. Best price I could find was $179.

#5 ·
imported post

Hi John

Hope you have recovered from thebritish treffen ,last time we spoke you had an accordian over your shoulder ,:)going to some wedding on site ... What is the thickness of these screens ,as the screen thatHGB are selling and most of the wider /taller screens are thicker than normal.Worthwhile to check this out before you purchase ...see ya soon Ciaran

#6 ·
imported post

Cairan I was playing at a members wedding reception at the Treffen. The evidence in photos are on the North Wales Website at http://www.northwaleswings.org.uk/

If you look in the British Treffen photo section under the first heading of the weddingthey arethere in all their glory. I was almost booked for two weddings that Saturday but it was first come first served unfortunately. They did feed me and give me free beer so it was good craic.

I checked ref the screen and as a genuine Honda one it is exactly the same as the original except 2ins taller. As many women have told me in the past - 'size IS important.' ;)

#7 ·
imported post

Hi John

if it is the same thickness as the normal one ,it may bend ,,check it out ,,normally they go 2inchs wider as well as 2 inchs higher and that is why the screen is a thicker screen .....next time we meet on a run ,bring the box and give us a few tunes ..ciaran

#10 ·
imported post

Willie the price is £60.00 for the screen delivered to your door. Mine arrived a week ago brand new in the Honda original sealed box. I compared it to the original and it is exactly the same except it is, as stated, exactly 2 inches taller. I intend to keep it stored until my original get scratched enough to be replaced. I believe Dave Silver spares have a few of them available, or at least they had 8 - 9 days ago.

#11 ·
imported post

Littlejohn wrote:
I believe Dave Silver spares have a few of them available, or at least they had 8 - 9 days ago.
Yep, they still do. I ordered one last Friday and it is £60 (someone mentioned £90 but thats wrong) plus VAT (for outside UK). I think about €110 all in. Beats €400 from Honda Ireland any day! I don't recall anyone thanking Johnfor the info, so thanks John! :D

G
#12 ·
imported post

Co[suP]nt[suB]ac[/suB][/suP][suB]te[/suB]d David Silver Spares t[suB]o[/suB][suP][suB]da[/suB]y [/suP]and ordered[suB]th[suP]e[/suP][/suB] windshield for the [suP]1[suB]8[/suB][/suP][suB]0[/suB]0. :)[suP]The [suB]price of this P[/suB]A[/suP]R[suB]T is [suP]£9[/suP]1.[/suB]0[suP]7S[/suP][suB][suP]t[/suP]g [/suB][suP]including [suB]vat and [/suB]delivered [/suP]to [suB]the [suP]rep.of[/suP][/suB][suP] Ireland.:D[suB]If [/suB][/suP][suB]you want [/suB]it [suP]delivered [suB]to Northern [/suB][/suP][suB]Ireland it [/suB]will [suP]cost [suB]you [/suB][/suP][suB]£81.[/suB]0[suP]8st[/suP]g[suP][/suP][suB][suP]in[/suP]clu[/suB]ding v[suP]a[suB]t and D[/suB][/suP][suB]elive[/suB]ry. ;) Th[suP]at[suB]s th[/suB][/suP][suB]e pri[/suB]ce[suP]s Peter gav[/suP]e m[suB]e t[suP]o[/suP][/suB][suP]d[/suP]a[suB]y. :cool:All y[/suB]ou g[suP]uys m[suB]us[/suB][/suP][suB]t ha[/suB]ve got s[suB]pec[suP]ia[/suP][/suB][suP]l p[/suP]rice[suB]s :shock: I [/suB]ask[suP]ed hi[suB]m [/suB][/suP][suB]di[/suB]d he [suP]ha[suB]ve[/suB] sp[/suP]ec[suB]ia[suP]l [/suP][/suB][suP]pri[/suP]ce[suB]s fo[suP]r a[/suP][/suB][suP]n ol[/suP]d a[suB]ge pe[suP]ns[/suP][/suB][suP]ion[/suP]er :? l[suB]ik[suP]e m[/suP][/suB][suP]yse[/suP]l[suP]f with [suB]ab[/suB]i[/suP]g[suB] [suP][/suP]dr[/suB]in[suP]k p[suB]r[/suB][/suP][suB]o[/suB]b[suP]l[suB]e[/suB][/suP][suB]m :? b[/suB]u[suP]t [suB]h[/suB][/suP][suB]e [/suB]s[suP]a[suB]i[/suB][/suP][suB]d N[/suB]O. :( S[suB]t[suP]il[/suP][/suB][suP]l a gr[suB]ea[/suB][/suP][suB]t p[/suB]ri[suP]c[suB]e. :D I[/suB][/suP][suB]f i c[/suB]ou[suP]l[suB]d o[/suB]n[/suP]ly [suB][suP] g[/suP]e[/suB]t o[suP]f[suB]f t[/suB][/suP][suB]h[/suB]i[suP]s b[suB]l[/suB][/suP][suB]o[/suB]o[suP]d[suB]y d[/suB][/suP][suB]r[/suB]i[suP]n[suB]k.[/suB] :p N[/suP]o[suB]w [suP]w[/suP][/suB][suP]h[/suP]er[suP]e a[suB]r[/suB][/suP][suB]e t[/suB]h[suP]o[suB]s[/suB][/suP][suB]e [/suB]g[suP]la[suB]s[/suB][/suP][suB]s[/suB]e[suP]s. ;)[/suP]

#13 ·
imported post

Redwing,

I reckon he had a few he wanted to shift and didn't think he would, as he started off selling them on Ebay with no reserve. I paid exactly £60 for mine delivered to the door including VAT. I suspect he has had a few calls since I posted it and is trying to screw a few more quid out of it now he knows he has a market for them. You should have called him first day it went on the board :)

Still cheap spare to keep in the garage as they are brand new in the box when delivered.

#15 ·
imported post

I was tempted, but the extra 2" I don't need personally. At a mere height of5' 10" I can see fine over the top of the stock screen when it's dry and just lift my head above the line of it when it rains (usually after I clean the Wing) with the screen at full stretch.
I have however managed to get one of the 04 stock screens with the vent (they come seperately) for €230 (about £154 sterling) all in. The vent I always found useful on my 1500's.

G
#16 ·
imported post

wingnut wrote:
I was tempted, but the extra 2" I don't need personally. At a mere height of5' 10" I can see fine.
Temptation is evil. :whip:Even with the extra 2" :cooldevil:but thankfully wingnut was not tempted.:clapper: :cheeky1:I wonder is he bragging. :baffled:

:weightlifter: :gunhead: :waving: :walker:

G
#19 ·
imported post

New screen arrived 2day for my :18red:. I never thought an extra 2" was so important. :clapper:I will keep the old screen as the spare. :waving:Total Price £81.08stg left at my door. :leprechaun:Another satisfied customer for David Silver Spares. :skipping:

:waving: :18red: :18red: :waving:

#20 ·
imported post

I spent a nerve wracking 2 hours fitting my new screen today. Its not that easy getting everything back together without losing washers etc. At least its done now. The old screen can go in the attic, can't see myself suffering like that again in any hurry. :gunhead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.