Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am looking to update the look of my 84's seat by putting on new seat cover(s). Slimmer, smoother, slightly overstuffed seat is what I am looking for, kinda like a traditional cycle seat.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find what I am looking for?

I will be keeping the original seat to keep the bike stock, unless I cannot find one reasonable on ebay.

Thx in advance

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
imported post

I don't know where you live if its a big town or small but recently I had to deal with some tears on the bottom edge of my 1500 seat cover. A local search turned up an upholstery guy that also did motorcycle seats. He basically put all new sides on my existing seat and it looks so good that I would have to point it out to you for anyone to notice. My point is I know there are the expensive places like Corbin, Daylong (I think its called) and others but this local guy did a really good job for me for a very reasonable price. I'm sure if you take your seat to him and show him what you have in mind he can come up with something for you including adding additional padding. Then of course if you must just Google Goldwing seats or custom seats and I'm sure you will have plenty of options. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
imported post

I recovered mine with a Saddleman's cover and foam from JC Whitney last spring. It took a couple of hundred miles to break in, but I'm loving it. I do sit a little higher now, probably at the height it's supposed to be since my original foam was rather worn out.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks all for the replies.

I see some good covers (like the Saddleman's), but they always come with the disclaimer that the one may or may not look like the picture (when the one in the picture is the one I want!) I want to slim the seat (I am shorter so I need extra leg to touch the ground), smoother surface is good.

A local upholsterer, maybe that does boats, would be the place to look. Thx!

Cheers,
awfar in Michigan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.