Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

can anyone recommend replacement tires for my 85 1200A. I have read about all kinds of tires. I have even seen some say to put a car tire on the rear. What size is the car tire? How many miles could I reasonably expect out of a set. I'm a new goldwing owner and this will be my first replacement set.

Thanks for the help,

John

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome jgerken99[/align]

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
imported post

WELCOME:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
imported post

Many a post on this subject do a search in the tech area and enjoy the reading up on this.
Welcome bro! if you need more assistance Holler!

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
imported post

Welcome, WelcomeTo Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were :15red:'sin their previous lives and can answer any question you have. Theforums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum

General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info aboutGoldwing’s and are where you ask questions and can get help..

For Sale/Wanted ForumGood stuff for Sale or if you have old parts sitting around the garage you would like to get rid of....

:18red::15red::12red::11red:

And when all you need is a good laugh to start your day try the:: Fun Forum After that it’s up to you which of the others you will like the best all I can do is suggest.

Again Welcome to the Forum...

Oh and did I mention everyone here loves pictures.. Show us some of yours... Even if it’s not a Goldwing just a pretty view

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome to the Furom !!!

As far as your tire quest. I have run Dunlop Elites in the past and have gotten around 20,000 out of them. But due to budget limitations my next set will most likely be Bridgestones.

Welcome Again Jim

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

The 1200 doesn't have enough room for a car tire so no need concerning yourself there. As said, there's lots of tire threads, a few of popular tires for the 1200's are the Dunlop E3's, the Bridgstone Spitfires, and the Kenda Cruze. Watch the load ratings for these tires, the Dunlop has the highest and the Cruze the lowest. If you are going to be ridding two up fully loaded and possibly pulling a trailer then consider a tire with a higher load rating. Where as if you ride one up and mostly just commute with small loads and lower weight rating tire would work and is often a little less expensive.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

I have heard of a vintage VW tire fitting the rear 1200 rim, but in all reality the car tire is not an option for the 1200.

You can replace the rear end with the 1500 wheel, rotor, caliper bracket, and differential, then there are a few C/T options but I am still not guaranteeing that it would fit between the 1200 swing arm. Someday I hope to try it out myself, but that day has not come yet.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

unionjk wrote:
I have heard of a vintage VW tire fitting the rear 1200 rim, but in all reality the car tire is not an option for the 1200.

You can replace the rear end with the 1500 wheel, rotor, caliper bracket, and differential, then there are a few C/T options but I am still not guaranteeing that it would fit between the 1200 swing arm. Someday I hope to try it out myself, but that day has not come yet.
Ooooooh! Has anyone here done this? I just happen to have an extra 1500 rear tire, differential, rotor, and caliper and a 1200 that will need a new tireby spring.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
imported post

SidecarMike wrote:
unionjk wrote:

Ooooooh! Has anyone here done this? I just happen to have an extra 1500 rear tire, differential, rotor, and caliper and a 1200 that will need a new tireby spring.
Let us know how that works out Mike.:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

kylesmuskie wrote:
SidecarMike wrote:
unionjk wrote:

Let us know how that works out Mike.:waving:
Got a bunch of other projects going first. That one will be late winter or early spring.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.