1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

You can see my bike to the left
<---------------

That is the 1800 shield at its highest position which is unfortunately no where near high enough for me. I am about 6' tall and the win is hitting me full in the helmet. This is a bit uncomfortable and loud. My main goal is to not have the wind stream hit my helmet any more. I also prefer to look over the shield.

The replacement shield doesn't HAVE to be tall if there is a sort I can buy that is designed well to control the flow. Wider would also be nice. I want the cold off me in the winter mornings and the heat off me in the summer.

Any suggestions?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Get a Wind Bender from Firecreek. Its adjustable. Looking over you will be getting wind in your face, buffeting, on almost any windshield. Wind Bender is suppose to eliminate the buffeting.
Talk to Gary at Cyclemax to get a price for your 1800. I didn't see it listed under the 1800 parts. He should be able to get one for it.

http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/86/61860

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for the recommendation. Just ordered a wind bender, Vented Dragon Wing Air Deflectors, and Front Fairing Trim. Built up a good wish list on wingstuff.com.

·
Trike Master
1,247 Posts
imported post

Guess I'm to late for the OP. For any others that may view this thread:
F4 Windshield as suggested above!
Yes, it is expensive.
Reason I recommend the F4, it is made of polycarbonate and then hardcoated. It will most likely be the only replacementshield you will ever need to buy!

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

It just may have been slightly to tall for me. I really don't want to look through the shield at any time but want to get the wind off my helmet. The reviews for the bender had several who moved to it from the f4 and it seemed to be the best I could find for removing the buffeting while still being a look over shield.

·
Premium Member
3,702 Posts
imported post

The F4 Windshield is made of hard coated Lexan, it's "GE Lexan MR-10" and it's what they use in NASCAR and other motorsports as well as security settings, etc .... in different thicknesses. The softer Lexan coregives on impacts and the hard coat gives the smooth scratch resistant surface with high gloss.

Couple years back I installed one. I was at the tent at a Rally and this one was marked down cheap 'causeit had a blemish and while it was the extra tall one, I bought it knowing I was going to trim that blemish off. I conducted my own experiment with the cut off parts. Very scratch resistannt and it does not "break".

Take the piece that I cut off the top for instance, I bent it and held it bent in one hand for instance.

And then I released it. It returned to it's preformed curve, no cracks.

I have a 1500, it's different, but I too look over the top edge of the windshield, I am not getting the buffetting.:?

·
751 Posts
imported post

I have the f4 custom & I am totally happy with it as ive had it since 09:applause:

·
751 Posts
imported post

I have the f4 custom & I am totally happy with it as ive had it since 09:applause:

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Two thumbs up on the F4,I installed one on my wing (plus 2) a couple years ago,a little pricey,but made is USA (Ohio)& easy access for tech advice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.