Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey it's been a while since i've visited and hope everyone's shields are full of bugs and road grime from all the long rides. I have a good question that i need to be positive about before i make the wrong purchase. I have an '81 1100 that i want to replace the carbs with a set from an '83 model due to the'81 carbs sitting for 2 years with fuel and unable to clear the pilot passages of tarnish. California doesn't allow shops to use the good ol carb dip anymore and i just can't seem to get them cleaned up enough. I've been told the '83's have larger pilot passages is my reason for changing. Will they work? Any info greatly appreciated :) Thanks

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

cvs1100 wrote:
Hey it's been a while since i've visited and hope everyone's shields are full of bugs and road grime from all the long rides. I have a good question that i need to be positive about before i make the wrong purchase. I have an '81 1100 that i want to replace the carbs with a set from an '83 model due to the'81 carbs sitting for 2 years with fuel and unable to clear the pilot passages of tarnish. California doesn't allow shops to use the good ol carb dip anymore and i just can't seem to get them cleaned up enough. I've been told the '83's have larger pilot passages is my reason for changing. Will they work? Any info greatly appreciated :) Thanks
Well i just got the ol wing out of the shop and i'm happy to say that the mechanic that's been doing my carb work came thru like again :cool:He ultimately, for those who could use the information, made a tool to remove the press fitted jets and cleaned the tarnish and gunk from the passages. Runs fantastic at all speedsand idles and purrs like a kitten. The '81 and '82's supposedly have very small passages and why i'll never figure out?? THANKS AGAIN GUYS !!

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Well done. Its good to hear of another classic back on the road and running well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.