Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a nice ride today, 275 miles round trip. On the way back I saw that my key was gone . It was the only one I had. I have seen posts before on what to do. I keep searching but must not be putting in right words for a search. Please help, Danny

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
So the key came out of the ignition while you were riding? Sounds like time for a new ignition switch at this point.

As for the other locks, any good locksmith in town can make one from the code located on the side of one of the locks.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Each time we stopped I pulled the main fuze so I would'nt kill the battery. I got allot of funny looks when I had to pull the seat and false tank to put gas in . Once I had it off I took the lock out and held door closed with a bungee strap. Thanks for info. Dan

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
So take the shelter lock to a good locksmith and see if he can make a key. I'd try several locksmiths until one can help. Usually the one's that have been in business longer knows the old tricks.

·
finishcarpenter
160 Posts
I just ordered 3 keys cut by code over in naked goldwings there is a vendor that cuts the key by the code/number on the side of the ignition switch.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
I saw that post,for the keys but did not know where you get the code to make a key. Thank you
:waving: the key code is a 3 digget number stamped on the side of the lock.
i do belive.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
...you can rebuild the lock yourself.
It's a job though. Not hard, but a process.
The pins are the same as most cabinet locks, ...the same as most other ignition locks.
Can reassemble to "good-as-new" using any other GL1100 ignition key.

I should do a thread on it...

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi, all. I just saw the link that took you to the Key Maker at NGW page.It said on there any of the locks have the code to use. So the lock I already removed from the shelter has the code. So I have 2 keys ordered. Sweet!! Thanks Dan
PS You guys are GREAT.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi,all. I got my new keys from the Key Maker on the NGW site. The keys fit great, they fit better then the keys that were lost. I had to play with the key to get it to turn to start the bike. And if I turned it too far and hit Park, I would have a heck of a time to be able to turn it back one click to the start position . Now with the new key not a problem.So if you have old wore out keys ,do yourself a favor and order new keys.Not a copy of a wore out key. Thanks again, Dan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.