Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
imported post

Nice motor, looks just like mine. No just pull the bag off and then remove the dust cover,caliper bolt and caliper pivot bolt. You should be able to slide the caliper from the rotor. The manual is in the archives still, I think. dj

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

Buford , I would remove the left saddlebag. Then you can get to the mounting bolts for the caliper . Before removing the caliper bolts reach the backside and remove or least loosen the retainer bolt that hold the pin retainer . Its a 10mm head . Remove the caliper bolts and lift it off . Remove the pins drop out the pads . I would remove the right side cover and wrap some old towels around the master cylinder resovoir . When you push the pistons back in some fluid might leak out . Or you could use the bleeder screw to let of the fluid when pushing the pistons back . Make sure the floating bushing is free to slide in the casting ( where the smaller mounting bolt fits.)

Oh yea I would leave the wheel in place unless its time to grease the splines with HONDA MOLY Lube 60% moly grease.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
imported post

I rebuilt my rear caliper, flushed the brake fluid and replaced the pads without removing the rear wheel. Like the previous posters have said, just remove the left saddlebag so that you have access to everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.