Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have decided it is time to replace my brake lines all around. Going with ss lines and I am wondering if this is a real big chore or something fairly easy (not counting the brake bleeding which I understand can be something of a pita). How much disassembly of the bike is required? Thanks for the help. Randy

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
imported post

I haven't actually replced the lines but bleeding to change the fluid isn't much of a problem. Gravity pretty much does it for you on a 77.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

on the 1200. replacing the lines isn't a problem but the bleeding is a pita.... your rear master works one of the front brakes (it is a "linked" system).... it is a pita to get the air out of the line that goes over the hump of the engine to the front.... speed bleeders with a mighty vac can help.... so can using a syringe to actually enject fluid from the front to the rear master

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
imported post

Less than 2 hours too do front brake, had vacuum bleeder. Good upgrade, made a big difference in performance.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Thanks for the replys, a little apprehensive but it is something I have been thinking about for awhile so I need to get off my dead b---- and get it done.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Drop a PM to goldwinger1984 or drop in at gl1200goldwings.com and talk to Vic. This is one of his specialties.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
imported post

I'm planning on doing mine this winter. I won't be missing any riding time so I can take it slow. where's the best place to get them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.