Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I need to replace my existing Kurkyan grips with new ones I bought from a Honda dealer. Is there a simple way to get the old ones off? I know they say cut them off, but hey, there metal so that is not as easy as rubber. :)

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Hey duffy, I've changed mine with a protected pry bar between the control housing, depending what they were put on with. Careful & easy does it. :action::action:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

if you can't find an easier way, then if you have a Dremel type tool, cut along the length and pry that appart. :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
imported post

Unscrew the end caps take off.Then get a screwdriver in, work it round and then pull them off.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Good one crezz - forgot about those end caps. :headbanger::headbanger: , ya like crezz said. :waving::waving:

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Hey duffytclown,
A little shot of brake cleaner works to expand the inside enough to loosen the old up. Spay in the upper end, then rotate & pull at the same time. A shot inside the new ones helps get them on then they shrink tight as it dries. has worked for years.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and I will post the "how it went" when I'm finished putting them on this weekend.

You guys are GREAT!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.