Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

To any of you Guru's out there: I have replaced the old rad and I have filledthe newradwith a 50/50 premixed Prestone coolant. My question to you is: Can I start the engine without the navigation system installed. It would make it easier to top off the rad after bringing it to operating temp. Anyadvice will be greatley appreciated. Thanks for now.:?

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

YukonHonda wrote:
To any of you Guru's out there: I have replaced the old rad and I have filledthe newradwith a 50/50 premixed Prestone coolant. My question to you is: Can I start the engine without the navigation system installed. It would make it easier to top off the rad after bringing it to operating temp. Anyadvice will be greatley appreciated. Thanks for now.:?
Navigation system? What model Goldwing is it? Is it a wired GPS you have?

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Ignore that last post, I just remebered you have a LTD. Yes you can start and run the engine with the map trip console disconnected.When the coolant settles, blip the throttle a fe wtimes and squeeze the top rad hose to get any air bubbles up to the expansion bottle.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hello Ted: You are right. I do have a 1985 GL1200 Ltd. Thanks for the info. This will make it a lot easier to do. Again thanks.:)

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
imported post

Yukon Honda,

I just changed my coolant and thanks to the great advise in this forum I was advised to ensure the coolant had no silicate (aluminum engine) I had to mix the coolant as I could not find the premixed stuff

Blackhat

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

YukonHonda,

Remember you may still get some "burp" issues as the air and antifreeze trade places. Keep an eye on it and top it off.

Have you run across my brother Blair up there yet? Any insider info on the rally up there this summer?

Kyle

My hair's turning white, my neck's always been red, my collar still blue.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

After replacing my coolant when I did my engine overhaul, I left the cap on the expansion bottle loose so that any air finding it's way up could escape while I took it for the initial warm-up ride.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Hello: I have not run across or over your brother Blair as of yet. Check out this website for info on the Bike Ralley. www.rideyukon.comThey update it from time to time.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Eamonn1200 wrote:
After replacing my coolant when I did my engine overhaul, I left the cap on the expansion bottle loose so that any air finding it's way up could escape while I took it for the initial warm-up ride.
Dont really need to, the expansion bottle is vented with that little clear hose. But of course wont hurt either except for the chance that it might burp coolant in the electrical compartment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.