Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Have decided to replace my OEM 1157 bulbs with LED Towers. Not sure which bulbs to get. The following link shows many bulb types, just not sure which would be the correct bulb to use. Would appreciate your advice as to which ones to use.

http://autolumination.com/1156_1157.htm

Thanks!
Ted

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
imported post

I use the 24 led bulbs from superbrightled. They are working well for me. The more led's, the better.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Larry, I'll check them out!

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

As Larry said the more LEDs in the tower the better, more brighter to be seen.
Just be sure and look at the specs on each bulb and compare the space where you are going to use them so you have enough room. Heat is not a problem with LEDs so they can be almost touching the plastic lenses. Tower LEDs radiate light to the sides to reflect off the reflective mirror of the light to spread the light evenly as an incandescent bulb does, so the more LEDs on the sides the better light you'll get.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

there are alot of 1157 towers on the market,alot are worthless in the GL1200 application,have been using them for +5 years or so,before i found a good set i went thru about 4 types of tower bulbs before finding a good supplier,what might appear ok sometimes just dont perform as expected,just make sure that where ever you buy will allow returns

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Here's where I get mine also. Great products and quality,

http://www.superbrightleds.com/
This is where I got the ones for my 1500 brake/tail lights also. I used the 45 LED red bulbs, part# 1157-R45-T. They plugged right into where the old 1157 bulb was and works well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.