Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

Hi Dvaught,

I've sent you a Pm on engine removal,

Once you've sorted your stator you may want to fit a voltmeter so you can keep an eye on the electrics in the future.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
imported post

Dvaught, the link in the previius post refers to Don Pigott. I believe he sells the brackets to assist with the Alt conversion He can be reached at: Donald Pigott at [email protected]. I guess we all will be faced with the decision to replace the stator someday. Engine removal is alot of work for sure. From what I've read people seem to be happy with the results of the Alt. conversion, but one question I have about the conversion is does it affect timing belt life and is there a seal in the front cover to prevent water from getting in the timing belt area. I may indeed go with the Alt. when my time comes. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

Hi dvaughtand greetings! Engine removal isn'tas tough as you might think. If you have all the tools and parts to hand and are reasonably competent, you would probably get the job done in a weekend.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey dvaught :waving:Welcome to the best Goldwing forum on the net. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

Sure, my wife and I had the engine and alternator out in 6 hours the first time.....I had to wait two weeks for an alternator and gaskets mind....but that was back in 1988, I guess in todays "Just in time" delivery that has sped up. Heck I've been suprised a few times when going to the dealer recently for a part and they actually have it in stock :)

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
imported post

Need to know if I have to remove carbs to get the engine out to replace stator on '84 GL1200A?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.