(Rick Sheeley GWRRA)
In anticipation of replacing my IS, I have removed the switch as follows (wasn't bad at all):
- Remove the fairing. :lash:
- Unplug and pull back all the wiring to the switches so there is no chance of damaging them. :readit:
- Using a dremel or a grinding or cutting wheel, cut a full, deep slit in each of the Ignition switch break-away bolts.
- Remove with a large, straight screwdriver.
- Replace those darned bolts with hardened bolts from any good harware store.
- Enjoy your new Ignition switch!