Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

When ordering tires I asked for replacement valve stems so I could put new ones in when changing tires. I was asked what size the hole was and of couse I had no idea. Can someone tell me what size the valve stem hole is on both wheels on a 97 GL1500 SE?

Thanks in advance.

Randy

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
imported post

I don't know the hole size, but if you are thinking on fitting car stems I would say don't do it. I had a car stem in my GL1100 and it was too long and frayed at the part that fits in the hole because it wobbled around.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

any standard automotive valve stem will work. new tire new valve stem. Who ever puts your tires on will be able to put in valve stem.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

oharaLTD wrote:
any standard automotive valve stem will work. new tire new valve stem. Who ever puts your tires on will be able to put in valve stem.
That guy would be me, I do all my own tire work on everything else here on the farm why not MC tires. Hate to pay someone to do something I can do myself. I can order new stems from the place that I plan on ordering tires but they carry several different sizes of replacement stems. Guess I will have to go to a dealer. Just thought someone here had been down this road before. .

Randy

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
imported post

Don't know the size,I have only seen two sizes in my day,and that is a small hole or a big hole,and for the 1500 it takes the small 90 degree valve.

these are a little pricey I bought mine for 2.50 a piece somewhere......click on this link below:

http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/23380

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.