Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Change fuel filter, airfilter, oil/filter. ordered NS (pulse sensor) and timing belt. Any one no of some one in San Diego or East San Diego county that will check out the bike and install the parts. Do LTD's need sync'd? or just tuned up. By the way changed the plugs and gapped them to .032. Biggest dilema is the plastic.

Thanks for your help as always.

Adjuste Idle to 1000 and ran a tank of seafoam thru her. White smoke out of exhaust until she warms up. No sweet smell. Hopefully just condensation.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

Hi Winger in Sandiego..

LTD's are fuel injected I believe so no carb syncing is required.

If the little over-flow tank right down by the driver's left foot peg is full of water & oil condenste, it will makethe bike smoke white in varying densities..

It's a black little tank with a hose about 3/4" in diameter going up towards the air filter box which actually leads into another small tank right by the gas tank filler (At least on the carbed models)

Otherwise, some white exhaust smoke is normal..

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Mr.Fix it!!! well check it out tonight. Once she is warmed up the smoke is gone!

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

By the way, went on Craigs list as always, and found a guy who specializes on Goldwings as side jobs. Get this: $26 per hour and you can bring your own parts. I will let you know if this is for real. "If it's to good to be true, it probably isn't". You can bet I will be right there eye balling him every inch of the way.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
imported post

There is a procedure for synking the the injection system on the LTD. You are basically balancing the right and left side. Its in the manuel. Its very easy and makes a big difference. Make sure you follow the cleaning procedure for the intake 1st.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks to all. Will check out the sync procedure in the manual tonight. It's raining so did not get a chance to check the over flow tank on the right side.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

Hey Winger let me know what you find out about the overflow tank. Mine smokes white to until it's warmed up but, it don't smell like oil smoke.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Banjo Joe: It's been raining and have not had a chance to check. I will let you know as soon as it drys out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.