Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
imported post

I have at times seen some posts I think could have been thought through alittle better or psoken with more "tact" if you will.

My wife and I have been made to feel welcome here and this site and its memebers have been invaluable to our biking experience

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

AspectOne wrote:
I have at times seen some posts I think could have been thought through alittle better or psoken with more "tact" if you willYes
Yes, all it takes is to re-read our post before hitting on the Send button.

I wouldn't be a moderator on any site for any money, its just too thankless a job. Most of the time moderators get plenty of abuse and no pay. :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
imported post

badorderbob2 wrote:
Life is too short and like C-Wizard I miss my Dad very much also, who would listen to me when no else would and then gave his opinion if I asked. Never degrading when giving it, even though I might not have agreed with what he had to say but we always left each other as " FRIENDS". ;):waving:Bob
Hello Bob, when my father passed that's when it really hit home on how short life really is and how we take loved ones and friends for granted.

Some peoplehave made ita sport to kick people around, and then they wonder why no one wants to be around them.

At my shop my customers will just stop by to shoot the bull and hang out and I will stop what I am doing to be a friend to them.

Treating people good and kind will pay dividends that no amount of money can replace. This is the age of the almighty dollar and people are second rate and replaceable in todays economy.

My phone rings so much I can't answer all the calls from people wanting work done.

Do I get some hard people to deal with,yep sure do but if you treat them good it's much less time consuming when you hand them the bill. They pay you with a smile on their face instead of a frown.

Itry notto judge people for I have never walked in their shoes, you never know if theyare hurting insidedue froma great loss in their life.

I hope this thread will make people think a little before they jump on their fellow man, I would rather lend a helping hand instead of a hurting one.

But that's just me.......

Take care,

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
imported post

When I think of all the time and money that I have saved because of this Forum I am truly amazed. I am not a trained mechanic, and everything I have learned about my 1100 and 1200 is because of hands on experience gained on this site. I get a kick out of the sarcasm (well meant) and the kidding around, but you know I always leave my computer amd this forum armed with knowledge I would have never had. Keep up the good work and I will keep tuning in and asking questions if the need arises. Owning a Wing is one thing, knowing it top to bottom, stem to stern is because of all of you.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

You know, this thread goes on and on, but I still don't know what Slipjoint paid for his new bike.

:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hobie1 wrote:
Jeez, I can't believe that this thread was posted in the technical section.................:cooldevil:

Just kidding. This forum's civility is what keeps me coming back to it. I've really enjoyed the friendly feeling and great advice that abounds on this site.
I was a Guru on this site at one time and although I was flattered to be nominated, I soon asked to be "demoted" because to me, a Guru should have much more experience than I have(had).

So, yes there will be the smartarses that filter in, but just ignore them. Don't indulge them by a response as it just re-inforces their ego.

Regards,

Hobie
[align=center]
Hey Hobie1 :waving: It must be me thatthese cowboys :coollep:are complaining about :leprechaun: Heck!! I thought everyone joined this great forum to find out about the guy called Redwing :leprechaun: I got demoted myself sometime ago but mine was not voluntarily :D[/align]

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
Hobie1 wrote:
Jeez, I can't believe that this thread was posted in the technical section.................:cooldevil:

Just kidding. This forum's civility is what keeps me coming back to it. I've really enjoyed the friendly feeling and great advice that abounds on this site.
I was a Guru on this site at one time and although I was flattered to be nominated, I soon asked to be "demoted" because to me, a Guru should have much more experience than I have(had).

So, yes there will be the smartarses that filter in, but just ignore them. Don't indulge them by a response as it just re-inforces their ego.

Regards,

Hobie
[align=center]
Hey Hobie1 :waving: It must be me thatthese cowboys :coollep:are complaining about :leprechaun: Heck!! I thought everyone joined this great forum to find out about the guy called Redwing :leprechaun: I got demoted myself sometime ago but mine was not voluntarily :D[/align]
I joined to learn of the legendary REDWING:clapper::)Have a great day, my friend.:waving:

Hobie

81 - 88 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.