Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Paul:waving:,It took me a while to find a windshield that really fit me and it was used,,,,,,,I took your advice and tried the Meguiar's Clear Plastic Cleaner #17 in the white bottle and topped it off with the Meguiar's Clear Plastic Polish #10 in the gray bottle........ I am amazed :shock:at how many very small scratches the Cleaner cleared up....I did not give much for the Windshield because of all the small scratches and now they aregone.... It looks brand new... That makes it a bargain, and I love bargains, Thanks again.:)

dean_3326 :12red::cooldj:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

That's one of the nice things about acrylic (Plexiglass) the stuff really does polish out well, getting rid of that blue haze on a clear windshield is pretty easy, at least if you mechanize your polishing. The only thing to avoid is heating with too much pressure or speed, you can work distortion into the material.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Plenty of water with a buffing machine (used with your preferred polish/compound) will stop overheating. A buffing machine does the job in a few minutes.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

The aftermarket shields can be polished out better tahn the Honda ones. The Honda shields have an outer coating and while its slightly harder tahn aftermarket it does mean that you can polish through the coating too easily and ruin the shield.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey dean-3326 :waving: Now that you have it right. :clapper:Dont wipe in circles when cleaning. :whip: Wipe up and down or over and back. :jumper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.