Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
imported post

At $107 each plus the shipping. I think I will stick with the Honda filter and change it every service. I will have a lot of miles completed before I have that amount of money spent. Ride Safe. :shock: :(

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

$107 (plus shipping) for an unproven item? That would buy me around 10 Honda filters which would last for up to 100,000 miles at the suggested service intervals (or 50,000 at the rate I change them). I think I will stick with the Honda items.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

I don't think that this thing is a wise investment at all. As the Heffo said, you would need to do about 80k miles to save anything on the Honda filters. Don't forget too that eventually the filter insert on this thing will break down and need replacing as well, also the rubber O ring isn't going to last forever before needing replacing.

One last point, have you seen the weight of it? 2lbs!!

I will be sticking to my habit of buying a carton of Honda filters, 10 in a box that last me for several years.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a bad idea altogether. That kind of meshfilter is propably not as efficient as a paperfilter.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Well Yellowwing......it is pretty:cool: It was a very well meant suggestion, everyone has voted no!! It is machined......solid.........would look nice on a custom bike.

I also have to say this is ten steps backwards. The modern filters are so cheap, I buy them a case at a time.....and to not have to take something apart and clean it.....mess with it......put a new o'ring seal on it from time to time......it is a game of economics and conveinence.

I try real hard not to get oil and grease all over me.......so the big drawback to me is having to clean the thing.

Kit

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I like it. Will ya buy me one?
I don't mind being the guinea pig.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
imported post

This post is dated 2004. You think that gadget is still around?:?

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

retiredintime wrote:
This post is dated 2004. You think that gadget is still around?:?
The link still works

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.