Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was backing my GL1500 into my garage and my reverse lever got stuck in position. I cannot move the lever at all.

Any suggestions?

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi and welcome to the forum.

If you pull the rubber sleeve off the reverse handle unscrew the Allen bolt.

Pull the handle out, this will reset the reverse system back intoneutral. Then reassemble same, put a bit of grease on the pin and shaft.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

good tip agnogel, you can have problems when the bike is on an incline but i gues sits on the flat if its in your garage

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Me 2, that's 4 me 2!

Be sure and lube the pin.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
imported post

newday777 Thank you very much..what should I lube it with? Just regular grease? Sorry I'm kind of a rookie when it comes to stuff like this...I'm just wondering..would I need a new pin as well as a new rubber sleeve?

Thank you

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

happer wrote:
newday777 Thank you very much..what should I lube it with? Just regular grease? Sorry I'm kind of a rookie when it comes to stuff like this...I'm just wondering..would I need a new pin as well as a new rubber sleeve?

Thank you
why would you need to replace anything if your lever is loose you first need to slid off the rubber cover on the handle and check that the allen bolt is tight, In order to engage reverse you pull the lever out away from the bike then pull it to the upright position and push it back in towards the bike in order to lock the lever, In order to do this the bike has to be in neutral no clutch lever needs to be touched then press and hold the start button its as simple as that,

If the bolt is tight then you need to find out what is causing it to seem loose and yes normal grease will lube the pin and lever shaft

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.