Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverse lights

4K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  Kikker 
#1 ·
imported post

Why has nobody asked for reverse lights? I think they are a must on a big bike like the Wing.

#2 ·
imported post

i agree . I will belooking for a wing next year but only sold my last one recently:(

but reverse lights and an optional beeper ( no i am not kidding)would be of great benefit to the few people that just ignore you when you explain you are about to reverse.Eric

#3 ·
imported post

Hey midwing :santawaving: Gosh your a stranger to the Forum. :stumped: We haven't seen or heard from you since the 23rd August past. :baffled: If your looking for a wing early next year, well wexman is your man :clapper:He tells us that he has two or three :18red:for sale, so get your name on one of them. Now the only problem with them, they are all left hand drive from the states :whip:so if you can master that then get out your cheque book and start writing. :weightlifter:

:santahat::18red::santahat:

#5 ·
imported post

Back up lights are OK, my 97 SE had a back up beeper, not just a little one it came right from a truck supplier, a little bit much for my taste. So needlessly to say it now sits in the box with the drivers backrest, Hwy boards, tacky chrome driving lights and wind deflectors.

#6 ·
imported post

Cold? really? I thought it had warmed up there in the North this past week.

I agree the beeper backup might be warrented on some large vehicles, but never on a motorcycle. sorry.

#10 ·
imported post

It would be nice if they would fit stop & tail lights into the UK spec machines so as we didn't need to go the likes of HGB Honda and have them drill holes through the saddlebags and route the cable through the inside of the box:doh:

#11 ·
imported post

Backup beepers are about as good as those damned car alarm sirens. Absolutely no one pays any attention to them.

Why? Because that is all you hear all day long around construction sites, in the warehouse where I have to drive a fork lift. That damn thing irritates the hell out of me. I have never seen anyone at any place I have ever worked that turned and looked to see what was making the beeping noise.

It gets tuned out just like the rest of the road traffic you don't want to pay any attention.

Just another solution looking for a problem. :shock:

#12 ·
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Backup beepers are about as good as those damned car alarm sirens. Absolutely no one pays any attention to them.

Why? Because that is all you hear all day long around construction sites, in the warehouse where I have to drive a fork lift. That damn thing irritates the hell out of me. I have never seen anyone at any place I have ever worked that turned and looked to see what was making the beeping noise.

It gets tuned out just like the rest of the road traffic you don't want to pay any attention.

Just another solution looking for a problem. :shock:
Insurance driven industry requirement.

#14 ·
imported post

Back-up Lights! Maybe as a novelty option. I can see howback-up lightsmay be more practical on a Trike. Back-up lightson a bikewith a trailer may even create a distracting glare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.