Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I backed my 2004 Wing (ABS) into garage. Forgot to push Reverse button off. Shut down unit. Lifted it onto center stand. Later pushed off center stand. Evidently impact locked gear solid. Reverse light was on when I turned key switch to on. Switchedreverse off. It did not release the locked wheel. Reverse switch will not come back on if I push it in. No green neutral light. Can't start it. Red indicator lights come on for oil, ABS, etc., but no gold for reverse or green for neutral. Can't shift gears. Tried rocking it hard backwards (a lot). No success. Have downloaded service manual. Trying to find exact location of the cable that holds it in. Understand there is a nut that can be turned to release it.Need some more cluesor what perhaps to specificallylook for or in manual. Checked #23 fuse. Replaced with spare. Apreciate any help.Thanks.

·
Administrator
26,977 Posts
imported post

Remove the right side cover, where the oil dipstick is. at the rear of the engine you will see the mechanism that shifts reverse, has 2 cables and a spring would around the shaft. Try turning it while rocking the bike. You may have to remove the cables to get it to release. If it does then try the reverse button to see if it works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Well Dave0430, I feel like an idiot. After I posted I kept reading other posts and one guy said to make sure the kill switch was not in the off position. So after I shut down my computer I went out and sure enough. Evidently when I rocked it off the center stand I must have bumped that kill switch. I guess the reason I never looked at it was becuae the red indicator lights came on. One thing this has taught me though and maybe will be of some help for others. If the kill switch is off then the gears lock, green neutral won't show and the reverse switch will not light up. Thanks

·
Administrator
26,977 Posts
imported post

I hate that stupid kill switch.:headbanger:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.