Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ihad my bike for a month when itstarted making a God awfull sound.I took it to my local Honda shop and they done some work and it seemed ok. I brought the bike home which is a 2 hour drive each way. Well anyway the bike statrted making this sound again. I didn,t even get it out of my truck! It sounded like the bike was tearing itself to shreds. It was a little like a coffee grinder ON STEROIDS! I called the shop and they said the book called for 11 hours shop time plus about $600.00 in parts. Well I was on my way to take it back for repairs & I broad sided a semi that did not know what the red octagonal sign meant. The bike hit the back ofthe cabso hardit is now pushed inbetween the bucket seats. :(I was told they billed the other guys insurance Co.$50.00 and said there was no damage to the bikes forks or frame?:cheeky1:Then suddenly my repair bill jumped off the chart.. from 11 hours to 20 hoursit also cost $2,551.91 Also theHonda shop refuses to warranty the bikes frame and /or road worthyness.If it is ok, whaz the problem? Also they will not take my bike as a trade in now. I think I am paying for the insurance companys shop time. Can someone tell me what the book calls for to remove the reverse assembly and clutch? I have been into racing and street bikes for many years and this situation is putrid it simply stinks. They told me they did not want to get hit with insurance fraud by doing unnessecary repairs. They say they cannot see any damage to the forks or frame so if they replace them they said they fear insurance fraud. So I said if a helmet is dropped hard what do you do? They said we replace it. I asked if a bike totals a Dodge Ram outyou simply putt it back on the street?:XYou wont take it in as a trade in & you putt it out as is/no warranty?

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I dont need free advice just good advise. But then if I keep getting bills like this,:shock: heck You could be right! Thanks squirrly

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Did I forget to say, thefinal bill for the reverse repair was... Drum Roll please..... $ 2,551.51 Now by God, Honda you built awonderfull reverse..

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

First of all you need to get to an independant assessor and get you bike properly assessed for crash damage .When you get THAT report and IF there is damage to the bike then you file a claimwith the insurance company.

To get a time and price on removing the reverse gear mechanism and repairing it ,you need to call Honda USA and they will tell you how much time is allocated for this job . Here in the shop where I work we can estimate a time for a repair ,but for example if we tell someone it will cost say $80 to get front brake pads fitted ,then we discover that they have rotor covers with rings of fire on them and the bolts are rusted in and the wiring is all over the place ,and it would take more time to do it ,then the actual bill could end up at $160 ,The Honda prices are guidelines and you never know until you start a job how many problems you mightcome up againstand time you need to spend on it ... Ciaran

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Broke Winger wrote:
If you havn't cashed the check yet DON'T!! Once you do yer screwed.
I agree here. It might be worth your time running all this past an attorney.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
imported post

Dakota Dan wrote:
Thanks squirrly
:D:D:Dsorry AZgl1500, I could'nt pass that one up.:cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
12,687 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hello and Welcome . I am sorry to hear of the problems your having with the Goldwing . Also I know nothing of the 1800s so I wont say anything to that end . I did want to welcome you here and say I am glad you came out of the accident ok . Fighting with a big rig is no simple matter in a cage or bike . And you actually were in two accidents as you hit the truck then you were rear ended by your bike .

I am in the GET A LAWYER camp .

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
imported post

You've only had the bike 1 month and the starter goes out....and you're paying for this? This should be under warranty. I'd get a good liar, and take them to court.

If the Honda shop refuses to warranty the frame and will not certify it road worthiness I would have them put this in writing. Either way, I'd be hunting up a good liar.

I'm getting pissed just reading this.:X

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Thanks everyone for lots of good inputt. I am having difficulty with this situation from several differn,t aspects. The service mgr. told me that the frame checked out and they billed the insurance co $50.00 for labor. He also said they did not remove anything from the bike to do this inspection.
I was given a greatly inflated service bill for the reverse systems repair. The repair was suppose to be 12 hours and I was billed 20 hours, $2,551.91 They did not give me a copy of the service bill for the collision work which is seperate. That seems odd since I am the owner and all repairs go through me. Obviously, since I told them I cannot and will not accept unwarranted work!
The mgr told me several times they were afraid to replace items that they could not see were damaged. Yet they have no trouble saying here you go, good luck! If you die please remember we are not accepting any liability, You are on your own. My insurance man told me that is called totaled.
Well life is never dull. Dan

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Hi Scooter thanks for the empathy! The bike is a 2003 so their is no warranty. The ignition also went out and all this is in a 6 week period. Wanna Bike?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.