Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone here installed the Torquemonsters on their GL1500? If so, where did you mount the reverse resistor assembly? It is mounted to the collector box and that is removed to install the Torquemonsters.

Carl

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

The reverse resistor should be mounted above teh collector box to the heat shiled/fender area there. That mounting is not disturbed.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Satan,
So when I was looking at the resistor and it's mounting, I was actually looking at the heat shield above the collector box?

Carl

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

Yeah -- if you get the bike up n it's centerstand and lay next to it... you can kinda see the botto of all that --

the center chamber is held by the 4-pipes and 2 bolts that run through busings...

and all that is below the heat shield

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I looked at the service manual to fast the first time. Now I see said the blind man.:readit:

Thanks again

Carl

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
imported post

Is Torquemonsters worth the money? Do you notice any difference? Is there more sound of the bike with it installed? Must I replace mufflers as well, or can I use the original?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I wantede new exhaust for the following reasons. The chrome on mine is stained and will not clean up. Honda's are way to expensive. Just the tips are about $248.00 for two.
Secondly, I wanted the small increase in torque and horsepower that they give you, especially in the 3000 to 4000 rpm range.
Thirdly, I like a louder exhaust. Don"t get me wrong, some of those Harleys out there are absolutely obnoxious.
You can use the Torquemonsters with your stock mufflers. The sound doesn't change from what I read from other users.
I will be able to give you a more accurate report when I get my bike out of the shop toward the end of the week.
The best price I've found is at www.wingstuff.com

Carl

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
imported post

Ok, thanks Carl. $605 for Torquemonster and one set of Daytona Power Mufflers. But i think i have to put on $200 for shipping to Norway and $130 in taxes =$935. Thats about the same as for one original muffler here in Norway.
Let us know what your opinion is when you have tested them. :jumper::jumper::jumper:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.