Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just fired up my bike and went to leave the garage only to discover i need strong leg muscles to roll bike backwards.....'cause my reverse won't engage!batt fully charged,the bike starts, theswitch works, the reverse light comes on but no power engaging reverse. When i depress the reverse button the bike does lock up and i can't move manuallyin either direction. Any help much appreciated. thx

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
imported post

I would say check for midget-leprechauns laying on ground behind the bike. it's amazing where those little guys show up...

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

I have a similar reverse problem but mine has the added complication that the engine will not start after my recent tip over. I think the bank angle sensor is the cause in my situation. The bike tumbled down a ditch and stopped with the wheels off of the ground and themirror on the ground. I havethe starting problem associated with b.a.s. needs to be reset, tries to start but won't continue to run,plus the reverse will engage but no response to the switch. I am interested in what the solution is for the reverse failure.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

:waving:The fact that all works but the starter motor, all energizes and locks into gear, just will not turn the starter motor all points to the reverse relay. There are two relays in the system, one for the starter motor and one for reverse mode. Relay A closes in reverse mode and sends power to the starter through relay B to turn the starter in reverse mode.

Relay B is the last component before the actual motor..................so Relay B is your problem. Loose contact, bad relay, something, but it is relay B.

Kit

Also on this site in FAQ is a place you can go and download a manual for the 2005 1800.
In this manual it will show you the two starter solenoids, relays, whatever you call them and their location. I should clarify it is not the relay under the seat, if that one was defective the shift assembly would not even energize, I am talking about actual solenoid B.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Just a quick thought. Was your kickstand down by any chance? I made that mistake once. Light came on and everything appeared normal, but bike would not move.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

thx Kit for the help I will check relay B. as for the other input good question but yes kick stand was up and midget-leprechauns left my place after st. paddy's day:gunner:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.