1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a friggin waste of good money.

the straps are great, but the hooks could be better,
they do not have a clip spring to keep them hooked in the eyebolts on the floor. I hook the strap to the eyebolt, go to hook up the ratchet, and the bottom hook has dropped out of the eyebolt. :frown2:

The Ratchet Handle setup is a piece of junk..... The little slide latches have a very small light weight spring that just barely extends past the side of the ratchet handle, and it falls out of place, leaving the latch slide setting crooked.

I paid "good money" to get something better than the crap from HF....
but Rhino Brand is a looser, stay away from them.

·
Magic Moderator
4,524 Posts
I had purchased a good set from Tractor Supply Co. and they were made well and it was a set of 4 for a little over $30.00. I gave them to the buyer of my SilverWing when I sold it, I managed to find 3 out of 4 at the time.

·
Administrator
25,728 Posts
Ankra straps are good, have some I used for many years, never had one slip, fray or any other problem & there is no way you will bend the hooks. The cheap imitations not so much. They are harder to use than a ratchet strap in a tight spot maybe.

·
Administrator
25,728 Posts
We moderators have been discussing some of the posts by a certain individual and did some research and found this individual to not be who or what he claims and has made some not so friendly comments so he has been banned.
Carry on.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Yep, , the Tractor Supply tie-downs are great. Strong ratchets, hooks, and straps. I use mine all the time.

·
Administrator
25,728 Posts
a friggin waste of good money.

the straps are great, but the hooks could be better,
they do not have a clip spring to keep them hooked in the eyebolts on the floor. I hook the strap to the eyebolt, go to hook up the ratchet, and the bottom hook has dropped out of the eyebolt. :frown2:

The Ratchet Handle setup is a piece of junk..... The little slide latches have a very small light weight spring that just barely extends past the side of the ratchet handle, and it falls out of place, leaving the latch slide setting crooked.

I paid "good money" to get something better than the crap from HF....
but Rhino Brand is a looser, stay away from them.
Do you have a link to the ones you bought John? These look pretty good, have the clip on the hooks and get excellent reviews.
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/USA-Ratchet-Straps-Motorcycle-Strength/dp/B01J584XK0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1537183134&sr=8-3&keywords=rhino+tie+down+straps&dpID=51atQTGTOmL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch[/ame]

·
Just one of the guys
4,794 Posts
I have a set of 1700lb straps, well I still have 3 of them after 1 broke. I bought replacements at tractor supply Heavy Duty Straps when I bought them they were in a 2 pack. I would rather have too much strap than not enough.

·
Administrator
59,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I think that is the same ones that I bought.

The springs on the hooks at the end, disappeared the first time I used them.

The spring clips used to hold the latch in the ratchet itself is not long enough to stay in the frame, and the sliding latch that stops the pawl from turning, is also too narrow to stay within the ratchet frame.

Both spring and the slides go sideways, falling out of the Ratchet frame and becomes useless. I will go take a picture later and attach it here.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Trash cans, light stuff, I use the cheap tie downs.

Important or heavier stuff, bikes,etc... then I use the better ones … and use cheaper ones in back-up roles.

I also have some fire hose given me years ago … short sections … slide hook & strap through, use around sharp objects / corners / etc.

·
Administrator
59,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought the straps from Tractor Supply, wish I had seen them a long time ago.

they have two vertical springs housed in a tube ( has a slot ) that connects with the vertical slider ratchet locker. they will never come undone like the Rhino straps did.

will get pix of both later

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
A little over a month ago my ex-brother-in-law borrowed my tie-downs for a long distance "move". "No problem, , bring em back when you're done", , , right? Tragically, he had a stroke and passed away all of a sudden, , needless to say my tie-downs are in Tennessee somewhere.

A quick trip to Tractor Supply is in order to replace them dam tie-downs. Can't be without em.

·
Administrator
59,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The quality of the tie down straps from Tractor Supply so much better than the junk Rhino straps, the Rhino straps have been relegated to the dung hole pit.

They can't be trusted, period.

just this week, we need to move some hog wire fencing panels on the flat bed trailer we have.
I just grabbed a bunch of straps out of the 5 gallon bucket that we use for that purpose.....

argh! when we started tying down the hog wire fencing to the trailer, I had to junk the ratchets, just sucked it up into a loop and tied it like a sailor.... what a piece of crap they are.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts