Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Folks, I got a call from Steve (Yldcats) who is a member on this forum, a Rhino, and the one who helped us get brakes repaired for Patch's bike. ;)

I do not have all the information as of yet......he told me that he was going down I-35 and the rear tire blew.The bike wobbled, he slowed down and then went down. The bike continued sliding after Steve's departure from it, then tumbled. The fairing got broken in six places, the trunk is trashed and Steve got some scrapes and bruises. He must be alright as while the accident happened only 45 minutes prior to him calling me, he was already talking about making his GL-1100 naked because all of the damage to the plastic. :cool:

Please keep him in your prayers as I know he will be sore in the morning but at least he is OK. :(

I will keep everybody informed as I will be checking with Yldcats to see how he is doing and if he needs anything.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Prayers from Pennsylvania.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Oh no.....!

While we didn't meet him on our fly-by tour of the Kansas flatland Rhino country, we are concerned and offer up some prayer from Washington State......

I hope he recovers quickly and creates the standard to end all standards....

Howya doing yourself, Flyone?

Ever find that lost dog you can see for three days?

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Man-O-Man,,,,,,,,,,,,, just got in from a great ride myself and this is the first thing I see. Kinda ends my day with a frown:(. Always hate hearing about one of our own members going down. Just glad it wasn't any worst.

Best wishes going out.

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
imported post

I am glad he will be alright, when did he get an 1100? I will go pay him a visit this week. Does he need any help getting the bike home?

·
Premium Member
20,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

freonrick wrote:
I am glad he will be alright, when did he get an 1100? I will go pay him a visit this week. Does he need any help getting the bike home?
Bike was trailered home.......He got this 1100 about 2 months ago.

CJ.........Sounds like you are home! Awesome....The dog? He wasn't worth much and chewed up my thongs all the time, so I am still watching him head for Nebraska! :D

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

Glad to hear he is ok. Now comes the fun part of putting the bike back together.

·
Premium Member
12,803 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear Steve has taken a tumble , thought its good to know hes not hurt badly . In my prayers that the aches and pains dont last long . The bike can come together in time .

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Best wishes and prayers from New York. While it's painful to hear about a wreck, hearing that he got up and walked away is always good news.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
imported post

Wildcats sorry to hear about your trouble hope you are doing ok if there is anything i can do let me know C9

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear it Steve, but I sure am glad you were able to talk about it after. :angel::angel2:

If she's fixable, strip the plastic off that 1100 and ride it in it's purest form - NAKED! (You know you want to ;))

We'll keep you in our prayers and look forward to seeing you soon.

Ty

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,795 Posts
imported post

... Steve,

Sure sorry to hear you have taken a tumble, but also very glad to hear that you pretty much are okay.

I relate to these "off stories" all too easy. :(

Heal up and check in with us.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

I'll send my thanks from ND. Thanks because he is ok! :waving:

Hope you don't feel too rough in the morning Steve.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

Prayers and well wishes coming your way Steve. If you need anything brother, let me know.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
imported post

Thanx for all the well wishing y'all !!!!

I'm home, da 'Wing is partially disrobed, and I'm sore like no other.

Decided to take a ride today, picked a direction and a time frame and away I went. Got to just North of Perry, OK, cruising about 70mph. Heard a loud hum, then a pop.

Ass end of the bike starts walking side to side, to the point I can see the fairing in one eye, and the trunk in the other !

Got it slowed down to about 60 and made the decision to take the bike down and kick away from it rather than have it grind my leg to h-buger if it landed on me. Curled up and my right side and hoped for the best.

Tell you this much, its creepy to watch your 'Wing FLIP twice as you're sliding down the asphalt !!

Some rash on my right shoulder, a deep scrape on my left arm from wrist to elbow. The worst is a puncture wound on the outside of my right elbow. I'll live and plan to be riding the 'Wing to work on Wednesday.

Its threads like this that cement my love for other 'Wingers !!!

Hey bbach, thats a darned good looking 1800....I wonder which high class operation you got it from, hahahahaha. If you dont already know, I work at Bobz. We spoke on the phone several times, dont think I was there when you picked he bike up.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

thank God he's ok everything else can be worked out, prayers from the texas bunch:action::waving:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.