Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone had one of these installed? If so, let me know how you like it. If not, please go to their website (richlandroadster.com) and let me know what you think. Thanks.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Been well. Sold my 450 and bought a 1983 GL1100. Getting it in a couple of weeks. Of course, I'll have to trike it since I'm vertically challenged. LOL Can't wait to get it though. I'll check out the forum for that info. How have you guys been?

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Rebel Girl wrote:
Has anyone had one of these installed? If so, let me know how you like it. If not, please go to their website (richlandroadster.com) and let me know what you think. Thanks.
Hey girl. If you are looking to a trike conversion. There has been acouple of members here that have used Triwing industries and love them I have a vorager kit on my wing but if I had of known about them when I did mine, I would have gone that way as it is a true trike kik and the price is less than what I paid for the Voyager convertible kit.Angela aka fysty-1:waving:

http://www.triwing.com/components.htm

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum9/82569.html

:action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Trike Master
1,247 Posts
imported post

If one of the outrigger style add ons is all one can afford and it is required to keep one riding then, go for it.
I would suggest checking out Trigg Trikes also.
If that is not the case, then one should really consider a full trike conversion, including a raked front end for easier steering. An IRS conversion gives a very smooth ride.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

tfdeputydawg wrote:
If one of the outrigger style add ons is all one can afford and it is required to keep one riding then, go for it.
I would suggest checking out Trigg Trikes also.
If that is not the case, then one should really consider a full trike conversion, including a raked front end for easier steering. An IRS conversion gives a very smooth ride.
tfdeputydawg That was what I was trying to point out. The Trwing Ind rig is a True Trikle @ the same price as the outrigger unit. I paid more for my Voyager that what they chare & they don't charge for crateing etc. Check out Bigal's rig. it is beautiful. You can see the whole process in the linc I posted above. Angela:waving::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

fysty-1 wrote:
That was what I was trying to point out. The Trwing Ind rig is a True Trikle @ the same price as the outrigger unit. I paid more for my Voyager that what they chare & they don't charge for crateing etc. Check out Bigal's rig. it is beautiful. You can see the whole process in the linc I posted above. Angela:waving::action::action::action::action::action:
The Triwing kit @ $6800 isalmost double the price of a Triggs or a Tow-Pac outrigger, and the Triwing kit won't fit the 1800s, so if we want a true trike kit for our 1800s, we are looking at about 9-12 K, compared to 7 K for a Triwing which we can't use, or 4 K for a outrigger setup which we can.:shock:

Gene:action:

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
fysty-1 wrote:
That was what I was trying to point out. The Trwing Ind rig is a True Trikle @ the same price as the outrigger unit. I paid more for my Voyager that what they chare & they don't charge for crateing etc. Check out Bigal's rig. it is beautiful. You can see the whole process in the linc I posted above. Angela:waving::action::action::action::action::action:
The Triwing kit @ $6800 isalmost double the price of a Triggs or a Tow-Pac outrigger, and the Triwing kit won't fit the 1800s, so if we want a true trike kit for our 1800s, we are looking at about 9-12 K, compared to 7 K for a Triwing which we can't use, or 4 K for a outrigger setup which we can.:shock:

Gene:action:
That is so true Gene, but Rebel Girl has an 1100. I ride a voyager and although I really do love it, I would still have preferred to have a true trike & Tri-wing offers that @ half the price or lerss than ANY of the other trike converters. The stabilizer wheels are great for what they are intended but they cam be a PIA if you need to work on the bike, eg rear wheel. If you are unable to any longer support you bike for what ever reason, then I think a trike is the way to go.:applause::waving::waving::waving::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

The TriWing looks sharp! The Harbor Frieght trailer model...not so much. Good luck finding whatever works for you. There's lots to choose from! jimsjinx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.