Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello - does anyone have experience with a ride on ride off centre stand which I would like to put on my 2012 Goldwing?

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

No personal experience other than a friend who bought/installed one on his 09 Harley Street Glide.

He placed it on the stand after firing up the bike and went inside to get his gloves. When he came back out, the bike had vibrated off the stand and was laying on it's side. Cost him $800 for repairs and he ended up taking the stand off. :cheesygrin::ssshh:

What's the matter with your OEM stand?

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
imported post

The previous owner had installed one on my 1500 and I left it on. Have had no problems with it. Much easier to put the bike up on center; trade off is the rear tire isn't off the ground. I have the OEM stand and may swap it in the future. Right now I'm in no hurry to do so.
Just my two cents.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

That's the problem. The rear tire isn't off the ground, so if you park on uneven ground, or on a slight downhill, or someone bumps into it, the bike is very easily rolled off of the stand with very little/without any of the owners help!

If you are having trouble setting the bike on it's centre stand, do a Google video search, as there are lots of vidieos to demonstrate the technique of placing it on the centre stand easily.

Save the moneyto buygas and go ride. :action:

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

I have one on my 2008 but I'm disappointed in the fact that it is easy to put up but like others have said you can't clean the rear tire. It is nice for my wife to get on but for the money I wasted mine.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Could you not put 2X6 under it to get the back wheel off the ground?
Wilf

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Wilf .... place that 2 x 6 under your centre stand and try and lift the bike up on it's centre stand! :shock: :weightlifter:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.