Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Here are a few pictures from our ride on Sunday. The last part to the top and over had a little ice and snow on the road. We slowed down a lot for this. Very cold at the top (10750 feet) with a wind blowing. We did not see any other motorcycles on the road which from Kamas Utah to Evanston Wyo is about 80 miles. Our total ride was about 240 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Nice pictures, we love pictures:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

About a month ago we went over Monte Cristo and then over Mirror Lake but it was raining that day. It was good until Evanston then we hit a storm. That is when the Gold Wing was appreciated. All of the other riders were soaked and I was dry.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I was at a trailhead just past Mirror Lake(10,600') on the 1st of July one year to do some backpacking. There was still 5'of snow on the flats up there, although the road was plowed and clear :(

I meant to get back there and ride SR150 from Kamas to Evanston this past year, but things didn't work out that way.

Thanks for the pics and the memories!

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

BRRRRRRRR........Makes me shiver :snowman:

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
imported post

I spent the better part of my youth working just a mile up the road at Camp Steiner for the boy scouts. God's country, my second home. The only place I have ever truly felt that I belonged. I will have to find some pics and post them. You are making me home sick.......

For anyone who has the time, ride the road, and take a moment to stop at the camp. Walk in, check it out. I has been there since 1930, and is the second highest elevation scout camp in the world, and one of the oldest in the US. It is also at the heart of the legend of the lost Rhodes (sp?) gold mine. A pretty cool story if you have time.

Again, I am missing home and a simpler time in my life....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.