Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Does anybody know of a source to purchase from other than Ride-On.com? They appear to be out of stock ...:doh: It is time for another set of tires..:action:but,I only have 1 bottle left.:(

·
Administrator
26,996 Posts
imported post

See if they have it for cars, you get twice as much for the same price.

·
Administrator
26,996 Posts
imported post

I used some ride on and it dried up in the tires, maybe it's supposed to but I can't see how it would work like that and it only covered a small area in the center, what about a puncture off center? I used actually a little more than it called for. I used Berrymans tire sealer in the next set and it didn't dry up and won't hurt the rims either. I have since quit putting anything but air in them.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I put helium in mine. :bat:We have an access to it so why not. At least it doesn't deteriorate from the inside out.

Oh, and no it don't make me any lighter:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
I used some ride on and it dried up in the tires, maybe it's supposed to but I can't see how it would work like that and it only covered a small area in the center, what about a puncture off center? I used actually a little more than it called for. I used Berrymans tire sealer in the next set and it didn't dry up and won't hurt the rims either. I have since quit putting anything but air in them.
I had ride-on dry up inside my rear tire too. I will be trying something new next time.

:12red::cool:
Dean

·
Premium Member
5,406 Posts
imported post

Someone did a write-up on the forum about the stuff and how it reacts with a plug. It didn't sound like a good combination.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

I use the stuff and I didn't think it looked dried up when we changed tires. However, now that the subject has been brought up, I think I'll delibrately puncture a tire when I get ready to put new ones on and see what happens.

Simonez makes a product that's similar and not quite as expensive. I can't remember the name right now but I'll edit it in here in a minute or so.

Okay, I'm back. Here it is:

http://www.simonizusa.com/consumer/Content/Sealtite_Pro.asp

Hobie

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

I have about 5000 miles on the rear tire that ride-on dried up inside.
I had a bad valve stem and when I broke the tire down to replace the stem there was gray powder. I also found where the young man at the motorcycle shop did not clean the rim before he installed the new tire too. But that is another subject.
I put the ride-on in that tire myself.
From now on I will change my own tires, but if I use a sealer it will be something besides ride-on.
Previously when I changed a tire with ride-on inside it there it was still liquid, gray in color but it looked like it would still likely seal a puncture, now I don't trust the stuff anymore even though I have been using it several years. I am not sure what is a good product to replace it with. I carry a plug kit and air up can anyway.

:12red::cool:
Dean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.