Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I bought some of this stuff because I live and ride on 4 miles of gravel and have had 2 flats this year already. It is different than other tire sealants out there. I will let everyone know how I like it and if it does what it says. Here I have attached the info. Does anyone have any experence with this stuff.The guy at the Motorcycle supply store swears by it and has sold several cases for street bikes.

Randy

Ride On Tire Protection System
Description:

STOP FLAT TIRES BEFORE THEY STOP YOU
Ride-On Tire Protection System (“Ride-On TPS”) is a revolutionary line of tire sealants formulated to prevent flats caused by punctures from nails, thorns, screws and other debris.
Ride-On TPS tire sealants extend tire life by hydrodynamically balancing tire/wheel assemblies, lowering tire operating temperatures and helping tires maintain their set-point pressures.
Vehicles with Ride-On TPS benefit from better handling, better fuel economy, longer lasting tires and a safer ride.
Ride-On TPS tire sealants also help to reduce the expense and aggravation of flat tires and premature tire failures.
Ride-On TPS comes in several formulations for use in both high-speed, on-road as well as slow-moving, off-road applications
For more info see http://www.ride-on.com

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I tried some type of sealant a while back and was happy it stopped a slow leak. Then I changed my rear tire myself for the second time and couldn't believe how gooped up the rim was! If you get the chance, look at the rim the next time you have the tire changed and see what has happened if anything.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
imported post

I rode my Nighthawk with Slime in the front tires for 45,000 miles due to a slow leak in the rim that nobody could find. I had 3 tires changed and my bike mechanic yelled an screamed whenever he had to change the tires. That stuff makes one heck of a mess. I gave him $10 extra and that always cheered him up.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

I just changed my tires last week. The PO had put in the green slime in both tires. Took me over an hour per rim to clean it up to get the new tires on. That stuff sure does make a big mess.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

I've used the Ride-On TPS. I can't say if it worked or not. I never had a flat that I know of. The rim was relatively clean and free of goop when I changed my tire. It took no time at all to clean up the rim.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
imported post

Hmmm, let's see. Pissed off guy that changes the tire versus going down on the pavement at 60 mph due to a flat..... seems like an easy choice to me. Slip the tire guy a few bucks and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
imported post

I have used the RideOn stuff for awhile now. Don't know how well it woeks because I haven't had a flat. I have read lots of things about the green Slime stuff really corroding aluminum rims though so i don't think I would use it. The RideOn stuff supposedly does not corrode anything.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Ride-on is limited to what it can do both with holes and where the holes are.
Forget plugging and patching if you have it in the tire as they won't stick.
My tire guy said go ahead and carry it and if you have an appropriate type of flat, go ahead and put it in then.
Some think that is flawed because you can still get a flat where Ride-on should prevent it.
The problem is if Ride-on does work, you may not notice what you are running around with in your tire either.
At $50 a box from Ride-on and not reusable, I just carry mine.

If I were really worried about that, I would do the applied liner that a company in NY sells.
Covers all the inside of the tire and the video shows them running over boards full of nails and screws repeatedly without air loss. Expensive though. But effective as hell with no bad side issues.

http://rhinotire.com/

Impressive.

Don't try using DynaBeads with any of these. :dude:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.