Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I rode to Cumberland Falls Park with several folks from ChaptersB and T of the GWRRA. Of course they were all on Goldwings but my little GL1500 had no shame as the fat lady was more than up to the task of hanging with those beautiful Wings through some wonderful twisting country roads.

The Cumberland river was flowing nicely. I think the Fat Lady looks pretty good sitting beside this beautiful river. The Lodge at the park is beautiful as well with georgous views from the dining room and balcony. I had pictures of the falls but couldn't get them to uplad for some reason. When I left the house it was 27 degrees but the temps climbed up to the high 50s. A beautiful day to ride!

Dubs

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
imported post

Dubs: Batman himself would be jealous about your bike. That auxiliary tank looks great, 'cuz you can't see it unless you know it's there. Your last picture just gave me answer as to where to hangmy helmet, while my passenger is gearing up, so she doesn't knock it of the seat...

Oh and you have to updtade your avatar to include the new look of you bike. Kudos.

Gil.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Gil,

Thanks for the nice words. Glad the pic of my helmet hanging from the hwy peg helped. Yes, a new avatar is now needed. The additional fuel capacity was nice to have as those Wings can go a long time before refueling. I was quite surprised to find that I only needed 2.5 gallons after riding 100 plus miles. Maybe the faring helped with the gas mileage! Who knows!

Dubs

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

Fairing looks good Dubs.:thumbsup:

Cumberland Falls brings back memories for me. I haven't been to Cumberland Falls in years. Last time I was there was summer of 1984. Took my then pregnant wife and my dear old late grandmother down there for the day. Was middle of summer so it was a lot warmer and green.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Maybe the faring helped with the gas mileage!

Just the slow pace will get you longer mileage.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

What slow pace? We rode the twisties hard. Although there was some very slow traffic in spots!

Dubs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.