Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I thought this map may be useful forfellow ridersplanning a place to ride to or meet-up with other members.For example,under Illinois,check out 'Fast Eddies BonAire' in Alton,or 'Poopy's' in Savanna <~~very LARGE biker meeting place with plenty to do,or even the'Moonshine Store' in Martinsville that holds an annual ride-in.

The wife and I have given thought ofplanning a weekend ride to one of these place in the near future to meet-up with other members,if i see enough interest.Alton,Il.,Fast Eddies might be a nice central locatedmeeting place formembers in theMo,Ar,Il,In,Ky.Ia area,even ifa one day ride is decided on.

http://ridetoeat.com/

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

What I did find rather intresting was the number of eating places in just the areas in and around Houston that weren't mentioned????...I have eaten at least once opr twice at some of the places mentioned and enjoye every bite I ordered...So I'll be adding some places of my own to that list...

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

OK on that Texas list they have the Luling BBQ place listed, yet we do have one on Rihmond St. Same great BBQ???? That's not listed...OK so Richmond St. is not a senic ride, it is worth a short ride to "pig out"...:ROFL:...

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK on that Texas list they have the Luling BBQ place listed, yet we do have one on Rihmond St. Same great BBQ???? That's not listed...OK so Richmond St. is not a senic ride, it is worth a short ride to "pig out"...:ROFL:...

NO,NO,NO!!! LULING CITY MARKET BBQ in Houston....SUX! NOT worth the ride.:grin:

I have eaten at the CITY MARKET BBQ in LULING,TEXAS over one hundred times.And that's a fact! One sour employee stole their identity and went to Houston and called their place LulingCityMarket BBQ..People still get confused and go to the wrong one everyday.

I lived in Luling for 8 years back in the 80's and worked in the oilfields.To this very day,i honestly still think it IS the BEST REAL BBQ in the United States.I actually have eaten their 3 times within the last year.If that place ain't on the list,then it needs to be for sure.If you get that way,go 12 miles to Lockhart and there is about five more famous BBQ joints that all come in 2nd. Checkout "Texas BBQ trail",City Market (IN LULING) makes the top five EVERYTIME. I promise,it's worth the trip!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Will agree with the mom and pop in Pie town it is out of this world.
The restaurant in Madrid do yourself a favor and move on get the same at Denny's at a 1/4 the price.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
It's a keeper.... well worth bookmarking for up coming road trips. Thanks

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
thanks to all our vets. if not for you we would not be here

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welp fellers and ladies,i posted a restaurant for the first time.

I just got back home from a 1760 mile 7 day tent camping/riding trip to Arkansas and found a little cafe that i WILL be back to someday.It is called the "Grapevine Cafe" in Paris,AR. I highly advise the 'opened face beef dinner.It's like the usual onpened faced roast beef meal,but here they use 'Real' SMOKED BRISKET for the beef.Then pour over the gravy,also 2 sides and a loaf of Homeade bread for about seven bucks!!!! YOU CAN'T BEAT IT! That stuff has a graet tatse and they give you two times the amount you really need to eat.This is coming from a 53 year old guy that tries to spend his money at the private onwed places rather than the big chain,fake food places.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Thanks Buck for setting me straight, I had no idea it wasn't a part of the orginal store..My bad....The couple times I ate at this "knock off" BBQ place it was fairly good, but since I made that post, we drove out to Luling and had the real thing..You were right it was far far better BBQ...

Funny you should mention Paris Ark..My oldest son that took me to N-5 in Eureka Springs, has a carpenter that lives in Paris Ark. My son wanted to drop the bikes off at his home, and drive up to Mountain Magzine, It was a fablous day, clear and a bit cooler than it was in Paris...We checked into the only motel there, had some really noisy neighbors in the next room...But we did eat at the Grapevine cafe, for breakfast before we left to drive home...His custom painted Harley and his 1100 Yahama were just as we left them, no one had touched them..Here in Houston those bikes would have been gone 30 minutes after we left...Yeah great food and Great people living there..There was a couple on a yellow Wing trike the day before we stopped there...

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Buck for setting me straight, I had no idea it wasn't a part of the orginal store..My bad....The couple times I ate at this "knock off" BBQ place it was fairly good, but since I made that post, we drove out to Luling and had the real thing..You were right it was far far better BBQ...

Funny you should mention Paris Ark..My oldest son that took me to N-5 in Eureka Springs, has a carpenter that lives in Paris Ark. My son wanted to drop the bikes off at his home, and drive up to Mountain Magzine, It was a fablous day, clear and a bit cooler than it was in Paris...We checked into the only motel there, had some really noisy neighbors in the next room...But we did eat at the Grapevine cafe, for breakfast before we left to drive home...His custom painted Harley and his 1100 Yahama were just as we left them, no one had touched them..Here in Houston those bikes would have been gone 30 minutes after we left...Yeah great food and Great people living there..There was a couple on a yellow Wing trike the day before we stopped there...

Wow,that's too cool! Ha,you've eaten at both,h3ll ya.Sure glad you got over to the City Market.That place is something else.A very young Mexican fellow worked for the owner several years ago and bought the place on credit when the guy retired.He swore he wouldn't change a thing.The annual Luling "Watermellon Thump" brings in thousands of people every June,and the CityMarket CLOSES THEIR DOORS!!!! They don't want the long lines or the money.He don't want to hurry and sell half-azzed BBQ.I respect that! And,Paris...Yea that's what we did this last December except me and my BIL camped out in the woods.Ate at the Grapevine and went to the top of Mt.Magazine.Their was FROST up there! Oh,by the way....I'm a carpenter too,union tho,Local 44.Fixin to early retire at 55 real soon.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Thanks for posting this.Wife and I go down into the States just about every July and are always looking for good places to eat.Most of the time we just look for places that are kind of out of the way and are really busy when we are ready.We have found some really good spots this way.We always watch "Diners,Drive-in's and Dives looking for places near where we will be travelling also.

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks,hope it will be a service for you someday.We do about the same when traveling.We TRY to find a private owned restuarant.If we feel like a good Burger,or sandwich,we usually find a bar.Seems like we have had good luck with bar food,and imo,the cleanliness and quality is better.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
This one we actually found on "Drive inns, Diners, and Dives" was this cafe that has been around since 1938...Started out as a grocery, still family owned and operated...Langford Grocery Breakfast, order eggs you get three. your way...Copffee is poured into cups that people have given them, no same pattern cups..no two alike.... here's their menu, hasn't hanged in years..

http://www.lankfordgrocery.com/

BTW Breakfast is $6.00 bucks...

Another cafe we got on the internet, went there and boy am I glad we did...Place has been at the same location since 1946, so they are doing something right...Their speciality is their fried Chicken...It's never cooked ahead of time, its battered heavy, deep fried the outside is crusty, with a fantastic flavor, in the side its moist and cooked just right, not dried out...

Ever get on W. Crosstimbers, a couple blocks East of N. Shepard look them up...Barbuque Inn

http://thebarbecueinn.com/New_Contact_Us_Widget_2.html

Another thing, an oreder of fried Chicken is three pieces white meat, four pieces dark meat....Bring help or go really hungry...I asked if they had ever been featired on thriple "D", said they had but turned them down????

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm damn near ready to add Mickey D's to the list.:ROFL:

Their newly add mc'wings are AWESOME!!!!

I figure they would be a coated white sponge shaped like a drumstick,or fish:ROFL:

To my surprise,THEY HAVE BONES running through them.They ARE spicy,just how they should be. Got KFC and BWW beat by 6.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
You all are making me hungry talking about all these nice places to eat. :ROFL:

I can't get the link to open. I keep getting an error.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Works great now.

Thanks,
Don

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,628 Posts
Micky D's has been improving things quite a bit.
I now stop in there more often than I used to.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.