Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rider Magazine

8K views 92 replies 7 participants last post by  Silverfox 
#1 ·
imported post

Hey "Andrewl" Rider magazine "August 05 " issue pg 78 has a good article with great pictures of your beloved "New Zealand"!!

Looks like "Heaven" to me !!

(ridermagazine.com) don't know if it's on the Net or not, but you can check!:baffled:

#3 ·
imported post

Couldn't find either article, but thanks for pointing me towards 2 interesting sites.

New Zealand sure has great scenery and great roads for bikes, butterrible economics, and terrible politics.

Great place to visit, but as to living here I'm seriously considering moving to Australia. If it wasn't for the fact that I have a wife and 4 kids I would have gone years ago.

Andrew

#5 ·
imported post

Now thats very witty.

I don't actually have any sheep, there are not many sheep in Auckland. I do have 4 kids, a wife, a dog, a cat and 3 goldfish, and if we go most of them will come with me.

Andrew

#6 ·
imported post

Andrewl wrote:
Now thats very witty.

I don't actually have any sheep, there are not many sheep in Auckland. I do have 4 kids, a wife, a dog, a cat and 3 goldfish, and if we go most of them will come with me.

Andrew
Blimey, who needs a sheep with that lot!!! 4kids, well we all know now what you do whilst your bike is in the garage!!:goofygrin:

When you say MOST of them will come with you, do wish to confide in us which might be left behind?

Pete

#8 ·
imported post

Yeah, Wingdawg, that would make life difficult. Especially as you can always ride the.........:cooldevil:.

Pete

#9 ·
imported post

:action::action:Good on ya guys, I am finding this seriously funny:action:

If we go we will take the wifes car and my Goldwing with us as vehicles are very expensive in australia, everything else is comparible or cheaper.

I won't point this thread out to she who must be obeyed or I won't be allowed back here.:whip:

Actually she loves the :12grey:as much as I do. She wants me to teach her to ride but she's 5'1" and weighs 60kgs, somehow I don't think so.

I'll take her, the 4 kids, the dog, the car and the :12grey:. Everything else will stay in NZ.

Andrew

#10 ·
imported post

Hel "Andrewl" don't forget about the "Goldfish" and the "Cat" you can put them in the "Saddle Bags" , not together of coarse !:baffled:

Heck, at 5'1" and 60kgs She could ride with the Cat ant save you a little money ?!:baffled:

Just trying to help you out, Mate ?!:goofygrin:

By the way, I don't know how much 60 kgs is ,but sounds like 2 litres of milk and a loaf of bread?:baffled:

#11 ·
imported post

Andrewl wrote:
If we go we will take the wifes car and my Goldwing with us as vehicles are very expensive in australia, everything else is comparible or cheaper.

I won't point this thread out to she who must be obeyed or I won't be allowed back here.:whip:

Actually she loves the :12grey:as much as I do. She wants me to teach her to ride but she's 5'1" and weighs 60kgs, somehow I don't think so.

I'll take her, the 4 kids, the dog, the car and the :12grey:. Everything else will stay in NZ.

Andrew
TOP SECRET!!

Andrew, it is with deep concern that I feel compeled to write!!

Your response above leads me to qustion a few things:

1) Can you cast your mind back to when your wife mentioned the riding. Now this is important, did she say, she would like to ride THE bike or A bike? As you are aware I am sure, men are from Mars and women are from Venus, and if she said THE then that might be okay, you would just have to lower the seat, and get her trained, if on the other hand she said A, then that might cost you dear. Not only will you be forking out for a suitable steed but when the kids see you and mum riding, they may want bikes aswell!! More expence and worry.

2) Leaving any of the animals behind will result in years of you being refered to as "The Heartless One"

3) Have you thought what will happen to poor old CBHON when you go, not only will he be the only guy left, but he is an ex pat, and may not be able to cope left drinking laxatives!!

I leave you to ponder these initial points before delving into any others.

Pete

#12 ·
imported post

This is "the wife" speaking. (I snuk a peak at the comp screen whilemy husband was making my coffee). For the records: I want to ride THE bike. I weigh less than 60kg - usually closer to 50kg, although it's birthday season at our place to that's up a little at the moment - I'll shape up at the gym - can yoou talk Andrew into coming with me? Please? The dog is MY dog (people often comment that I could put a saddle on him - he's big enough to be a pony (great dane cross), and there is obviously NO CHANCE of him being left behind - although the move to AUS is only Andrew's idea - I'm not keen!

He spends too long at this website - I feel like a neglected wife!

Kathrine.

#13 ·
imported post

Hi Katherine,

I'm Helen, Pete's better half and feel sorry for you but alsoglad that I am not the only partner that plays 2nd fiddle to a b****y computer. Pete first got addicted with passing his time on Ebay, but of course he now spends ALL HIS TIME on this site!

The house is in the middle of being renovated and I am having a hard job motivating him into getting on with things. I am wondering what will happen when his wing comes back in a few weeks time, from being tarted up. I am sure he will be like a little boy at Christmas, not knowing what to play with first. I'll have no chance.

Hope the move goes well for you all,. if you decide to go of course

Best wishes and sympathies:bash2::bash::bash::bash2:
:bash2:
Helen

(mrs Silverfox)

#14 ·
imported post

Hey Mrs. Adrewl,

Welcome to our wonderful family here !

A wife learning to ride "The Bike' is strictly a "Family" matter,so I don't get involved in any recommendations either way !

But you could put a Saddle and some Saddle bags on the Big Dog and go for a ride, good gas mileage!

We can encourage Andrew to going to the "Gym" with you but he'll probably want to bring his bike inside and put it on the "Tread Mill" while you work out,lol !:goofygrin:

As far as being neglected from "Andrews " time

on this great website it actually keeps him out of the "Pubs" and saves a lot of money to spend on his lovely wife , so we help marriages out at no cost, it's free because we're a nice lot !

PS After seeing pictures of NZ in the Bike Magazines , it would be hard to get me to leave a place that beautiful but I've also seen some great pics of Australia too ?!

But you would have to trade your Sheep in for Kangaroos and they don't yield much wool ?!:baffled:

#15 ·
imported post

Andrew!!! Are you still alive???! Sorry about that, Helen just sneaked in and had to reply to your good lady. She weighs a little more than 60kg, so I couldn't keep her off.
Anyway, like Wingdawg, I have decided to keep out of the domestic stuff and keep on track with the Wing issues, so we leave it up to you or Katherine to decide whether it's to be NZ or Aus.

Hope She hasn't set the dog on you!!:(:(. Give us a sign that you are still alive mate!!

Pete

#16 ·
imported post

I survived and she has found this thread as amusing as i have.

However Pete it sounds to me like you are going tohave to stop playing here and on the wing and get back to building. i have renovated a house once (repiled, reclad, regibbed, replumbed and rewired as well as complete decoration) and won't be going back there in a hurry.

By the way trading sheep for kangaroo is not a bad idea.:jumper: Kangaroo meat is much tastier than sheep and certainly not as fatty.

#17 ·
imported post

Andrewl wrote:
I survived and she has found this thread as amusing as i have.

However Pete it sounds to me like you are going tohave to stop playing here and on the wing and get back to building. i have renovated a house once (repiled, reclad, regibbed, replumbed and rewired as well as complete decoration) and won't be going back there in a hurry.

By the way trading sheep for kangaroo is not a bad idea.:jumper: Kangaroo meat is much tastier than sheep and certainly not as fatty.
Thank the good Lord that you are still in one piece Andrew!!!

Now don't mention the building work to She who should be obeyed, as you know obviously, these things can't be rushed and I am not as young as I was, so I need a hobby to relax me. Better this than down the pub or playing golf!!

We must stand shoulder to shoulder guys, otherwise the next thing is the ladies will want a "Ladies Night" where they can plan and scheme and vent their feelings. I mean, look what happened last night!! One quick word fom Katherine and Helen just pushed me to the ground, stood on my head and started typing. This could be a dark day, for the Site!!

Now Andrew, what sex are your siblings, our four are all boys/men so I have plenty of support, but if you have a brood of girls, well, I don't rate your chances too high!!

Perhaps we could get Steve to start a secondery site "Goldwing Widows" and they could go there to vent their frustrations. I suppose it is alright for the older guys, they are retired and have the time to be on here, plus their wives are too busy knitting or whatever to notice the time we waste, er, enjoy, on here.

Anyway, I am relieved to hear that you still have all your bodily parts in tact Andrew and look foward to hearing from you again, when youare allowed!!!:whip:

Pete

#18 ·
imported post

Pete

She's gone to bed. I reckon you could be onto something in getting Steve to set up a widows site. give them there own site to sit around and gossip and drink coffee, whilst we get on with what's important, sharing technical knowlegde, encouragement and inspiration when we can't actually get out and ride.

By the way 2 boys, 2 girls so it's even, 14, 13, 9,7

Andrew

#19 ·
imported post

I feel for you Silver Fox, aka Pete (so you know who won't chime in with who the hell is Pete). I spent two and a half years rebuilding a genteely dying house in Ketchikan, AK. It was my younger years, come home from work, eat, work to midnight go to bed, get up go to work and repeat. Didn't hire any help, cost too damn much. In the end it paid off, we tripled our money when we eventually sold. But I think I'd only be 48 now instead of 62 if I hadn't done that job!

#21 ·
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Silverfox, He forgot to tell you it was an "Igloo" !:goofygrin:
Hey Rainman, ooops, I mean Wingdawg, how do you know this, is he an Eskimo, trading in peltsand blubber, in exchange for spark plugs and engine oil, do you suppose?:goofygrin::baffled:

#23 ·
imported post

Nope, I've only been in a sod igloo, the temporary snow shelters are more common in the Eastern Canadian arctic.

#24 ·
imported post

Hey, Kate and Helen, if those guys are ignoring you for the damned forum, give me a shout. I'm a good-lookin' single man looking for companionship:waving:.....................:goofygrin: JP:cooldevil:

#25 ·
imported post

exavid wrote:
Nope, I've only been in a sod igloo, the temporary snow shelters are more common in the Eastern Canadian arctic.
Well I have never been in any soddin igloos. I have spent many a night in a pup tent, but never seen any pups in them.

:madeyes:pete

#26 ·
imported post

johnapool wrote:
Hey, Kate and Helen, if those guys are ignoring you for the damned forum, give me a shout. I'm a good-lookin' single man looking for companionship:waving:.....................:goofygrin: JP:cooldevil:
No mention of WEALTHY. unless you are wealthy you dont stand a chance mate. I can already do the good looking bit, it just sends Helen weak at the knees when I role my eyes at her!

:madeyes:Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.