Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi there guys and gals,

I live north of Dallas in Frisco, and for the last year have been riding my Goldwing to workto McKinney and back, 18 miles no interstates or tolls. About a month ago, I took a new job in Arlington, and now I'm riding 38 miles one way and mostly on the tollways and interstates. I have noticed that I am getting a lot more stuff on the windscreen and the bike, it looks like little bumps. If you rub your hand over it, it almost feels like a sand grit, similar to a wall that has been painted with a sand texture, only not as rough. It washes off, but I don't ever remember seeing anything like this in all my years of riding.

Anybody got a good answer for me? :?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

You guys have any snow or ice on the road this winter? Sounds like a mixture of sand and possibly urea or one of the other deicers.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

We had a little ice, they put down a mixture of sand and salt, but most of that is all been washed off by the rain.

No willow tree sap, no trees over theroute.

Very strange!

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

Some of the roads here are getting really beaten up due to the new deicers the city has been using.I wonder if the new enviormentally safe de icers are melting the asphalt.

Enviormentally safe. The was a woman on the local news program takling about the new deicers."Our canadian guees are showing high levels of salt due to drinking from puddles of melted snow and ice." !!!!! Jeeeze

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

muaymendez1 wrote:
Enviormentally safe. The was a woman on the local news program takling about the new deicers."Our canadian guees are showing high levels of salt due to drinking from puddles of melted snow and ice." !!!!! Jeeeze
Sounds like someone was not doing a lot of research...... bu the idea of a preseasoned dinner sounds loke a bonus.....:D

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

Big Kahuna:
I live southwest of you and I picked up some of it this week.
Most likely the mixture of stuff on the roads from the ice a couple of weeks ago. Also the live (post) oaks are starting to sap out. My truck has a light covering of it as I have two live oaks in my yard. They seem to do this about every other year or so.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks TXRLGL1500, Since I cruise 360 every morning that may be it. The mess comes off easy enough, just a pain to have to clean every couple of days.

Thanks again!:waving:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.